DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronebase video upload

Meelius

Reactions
Dronebase has teamed with Gettyimages, and I uploaded a few videos which were accepted and sold.
But around 50/60% were rejected.

The problem is there is zero feedback on the reasons for the rejection.
I usually upload shots in sequence from the same shoot, having edited them first to fit the
5 sec/1:00 min max duration criteria. So it cant be the resolution or the codec. I only try to upload "good' smooth footage, with nice lighting etc, so I'd really like to know what it is that makes one shot acceptable, while another similar shot from the same edit is rejected.

I've asked Dronebase several times about this but no response ( which is kind a poor DB if your reading this)

My guess is that they take a quick look at the footage and then forward it to Getty who will decide whether they want it or not.

The other problem is as things stand there is no way to easily track which shots I have uploaded.
There is no thumbnail preview - Each shot is eventually assigned a 'Completed Mission' number but nothing else. If you upload a batch of shots, it becomes very difficult to say with any certainty which mission number applies to which uploaded shot. My own workaround currently is to upload just 3 shots at a time, and put them into folders labelled 1,2,3. Assuming they process things chronologically I then wait for the assigned Mission number to appear, and then I can rename my shot with the Mission number. Its kind of tedious,as I'm sure you can imagine. Eg a recent shoot I cut into 15 potentially saleable clips, And so it takes at least 5 days to upload the batch.

So far I cant see any of the shots that I have sold on Gettyimages site either but I guess that's up to them.

Call me to fashioned but I'd really like to know which work is selling, and find a better way to efficiently keep track of things. Any thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji