DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneDeploy alternative?

TexasRancher

Reactions
Okay, not sure if this is even possible but figured to ask.

I am heading out to the ranch in a few weeks (yea too busy to go till then.. heh) and I would loooooove to map it out with DroneDeploy....but (you knew there was one coming.. heh)... The map I made is like 34,500 photos.. lol.

Will take a lot of time and all my batteries, swapping out and charging / recharging etc. So, question is.. since I only have a trial and it maxes out at 1k, don't suppose there is some sort of software I can download to my PC and have it do all that? lol

I know, way too much, but can't hurt to ask, right?

Russ

Yeah Dronedeploys pricing model is wrong for amateurs.

You could try Maps Made Easy - Home Which has cost effective pay as you go model. It only does the post capture map creatin though. You will also need a flying app capable of capturing the area to be mapped. If you have an iPad DJI GS Pro will do it. It is free. Also Drone harmony will do it too but probably not the number of images you are talking about. Seems a lot. Must be a very large ranch or you have set it too low.

Hey Logger, thanks a ton. I will be sure and check that out. It's about 330 acres. I took the default settings as anything closer would be an ungodly amount of photos heh.

Thanks again!

Russ

Those image counts dont stack up. This was done with Dronedeploy at 400' and needed 677 images to do 149 acres.

upload_2018-1-26_8-40-11.png

Enough detail to see wild Deer in the paddock when I zoom in.

upload_2018-1-26_8-42-36.png

Your 330 acres should take ~ 1300 images and not 34,500! Admittedly if you check the 3D Mode box it will take around 8 times as many photos again. But TBH the basic 3D is fine for anything I would need as you can see below..

upload_2018-1-26_8-47-11.png

Yep, you are right. Must have been a glitch. I just remade it and it showed 1900 images.

Thanks!

No idea why it showed the others, must have hit the altitude button.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22