DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneDeploy not working with Mavic, camera tilt issues also

Kevieboy

Reactions
Hello, my first post here.

I've been trying to execute a map I've created with DD with no success at all. My Mavic has the latest FW update, and the current app update (as of 30th April 2017), and the phones in using are Galaxy S7 Edge (Nougat) and Galaxy Note 5.

The map itself is around 100Ha (240 Acre), it has around 215 waypoints. I've saved the map as an offline map, for some reason this was the only way I could get the mission to start, as DD just sat there hanging last time and kept saying "waypoints haven't finished uploading to drone etc. I sat there and waited half an hour and still nothing.

Today I went back out and tried again with the offline map. It did all the pre-flight checks and was good to go. So I hit 'Fly, the bird took off to the set altitude, then crawled over to The 1st waypoint. But on the way there, it decided to tilt the camera back up to the horizon (after I had already set the manual camera settings in the Go app before switching over to DD), and I couldn't tilt the camera back down. It would go about 1/3 of the way down and then keep bouncing straight back up to horizon. After it got to waypoint 1 and started the mission, no photos were being taken either. Another thing is that it seems only about a third of the waypoints were shown on DD. I read in another forum somewhere that DD has a waypoint limit? I fail to see why this would be, as they tout how "easy" it is to do multiple battery missions for larger areas.

I have followed DD's instructions for larger maps to the letter, and can't seem to be able to get this bloody map done! It was embarrassing when I tried at first because the paying customers were there with me, only to see failure.

I have also tried with DJI UltimateFlight app where I imported a waypoint .csv file. It created the map just fine, but as soon as I tried to take off it told me "maximum number of waypoints limit has been reached" and it failed to upload.

I am now going to try to get my CSV Points over to Litchi and see if that will let me fly the map. If not then I don't know what else I can do. Starting to my tear my hair out.

If anyone knows of any other MP / capture app with no limits or restrictions that can actually create and execute maps then that would be great. Cheers guys.

I have had a few problems with Drone Deploy also. My biggest problem is that the image counter stays at 0 so I can't tell if any images are being captured until it is completed.
I have completed a few maps but I haven't found anything in Drone Deploy that is reliable enough to count on.
I use Litchi for waypoint missions. It works great and once you play with it you can have the drone point to any points of interest on a mission.

I have had a few problems with Drone Deploy also. My biggest problem is that the image counter stays at 0 so I can't tell if any images are being captured until it is completed.
I have completed a few maps but I haven't found anything in Drone Deploy that is reliable enough to count on.
I use Litchi for waypoint missions. It works great and once you play with it you can have the drone point to any points of interest on a mission.

Hey mate, yeah sounds like DD is full of bugs. Their latest release states that they fixed the camera tilt issue, but clearly not.
When you use Litchi, do you have to set the action for every waypoint manually? Or can you just import a CSV file and let it do the work? Do you have the camera set ti like a 2 sec interval in DJI Go first? Or can you just set it to single shot in Litchi and the app will automatically fire the camera at determined time or distance interval?

I don't do any mapping with my Mavic. Litchi works good for video because you can preplan a route and set the subject or subjects as point of interest. I have no experience with importing a .csv

Reactions: Kevieboy
I used DJI Ground Station Pro with the Mavic to capture everything. Then uploaded to Drone Deploy, worked perfectly. Unfortunately for small intermittent work drone deploy is way to expensive. Maps Made Easy has pay as you go.

I used DJI Ground Station Pro with the Mavic to capture everything. Then uploaded to Drone Deploy, worked perfectly. Unfortunately for small intermittent work drone deploy is way to expensive. Maps Made Easy has pay as you go.

Thanks mate, I tried MME today having to use my wife's iPhone - was the worst, hardest to use app I've tried yet. And ultimately wouldn't load my map either. Wasted my $15 there too...

Drone deploy has had bugs with the mavic since day dot, don't expect any fixes

Reactions: Kevieboy
Question: have you guys upgraded to version 2.0.44 of DroneDeploy yet?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty