DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneDJ has the DJI Mavic Air 2 price and some press images

llsethj

Reactions
Sold my air this week in anticipation. While I really don’t care what it looks like, more interested in performance, I do like the new look.

Good to get in early before the market is saturated. I’ll be keeping mine. It’s size is the big advantage for me. I’ll be looking to replace my Pro when the next model comes out, so happy to miss this one. Still interesting to see the updates in the new version though.

Good to get in early before the market is saturated. I’ll be keeping mine. It’s size is the big advantage for me. I’ll be looking to replace my Pro when the next model comes out, so happy to miss this one. Still interesting to see the updates in the new version though.

The main reason I’m upgrading is occusync.

4K 60 is not confirmed.

With the camera, DJI would be mad not to put 4k in surely ?
Time will tell.

After it's introduction for a year or so, if no problems arise (like the Mini debacle) this might be an awesome replacement for my M1P.
Although it's much loved as my first drone, still flies A1, batteries all perfect, awesome kit with it, it might be getting near end of dependable life after 4-1/2 years.

Same here, just sold my Air. Will be either getting an Air 2 or 2 Zoom to replace it.
Would it be in poor form to ask what you sold it for? (as in price). I got my Mavic Air new for $199.00 but really wouldn't consider selling it for close to that price.

It will have a 4K mode but 4K 60 specifically means 4K at 60 frames per second, the Mavic 2 series and original Mavic Air can only do 4K at 30 frames per second.

Ah good news.
The 48mp camera will be interesting, how to get that out of 1/2" sensor, when the Hasselblad 1" on the M2P is 20mp ?
Lots to confirm on release, but on the face of it the package looks like a winner all round.
Certainly tempt me after a good while in the market revealing any problems.

People act like technology doesn't upgrade with 2 years time from the Mavic 2 Pro. I'm sure they can manage something. People are getting defensive/denial because they're scared it might be closer to their M2P. The specs look good for what it is and no it won't outshine your M2P

The 48mp camera will be interesting, how to get that out of 1/2" sensor, when the Hasselblad 1" on the M2P is 20mp ?
Either by stitching a multi-image panorama like the Mavic 2 Zoom does or by fudging it as Autel does:
Either way .. it's not a real 48MP sensor and won't produce better images than a camera with a larger sensor.

Certainly tempt me after a good while in the market revealing any problems.

How long do you expect it would be for any potential problems to surface? My concern with jumping right in on the Air 2 is the potential for issue like I'm reading about with the Mini. I'd imagine DJI would warranty any defect type issues, but obviously the downtime sucks.

Having sold my Air, I'd be lying if I said I'm not impatient to pick up a new drone. Whether that is an Air 2 or Mavic 2 has to wait a few more days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929