DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink flight log question.

McGanksta

Reactions
Although I have had my drone for well over a year, I have not really done much with it. I am trying to change that this year starting now.
Looking at the 3rd party control apps I keep coming back to Dronelink, even though I am trying to talk myself into Litchi....
I noticed that flight log integration is part of the $99 hobby plan, so after all that my question is, if I am flying with the DL app, does the drone, Mini 2 in my case, record the flight logs or the app? I want to be able to upload log data, even if it is not automated.

I am trying to talk myself into Litchi
Not sure why you would need to talk yourself into Litchi (or any app for that matter). If that's the case, you will most likely not be happy with it. If you prefer Dronelink, bite the bullet and get it :). I personally use Litchi to fly mission flights but that's about it. I typically use the default apps.
does the drone, Mini 2 in my case, record the flight logs or the app?
Unclear about what you mean here. The app, Dronelink, should record the flight records.

Reactions: Octavio
Not sure why you would need to talk yourself into Litchi (or any app for that matter). If that's the case, you will most likely not be happy with it. If you prefer Dronelink, bite the bullet and get it :). I personally use Litchi to fly mission flights but that's about it. I typically use the default apps.

Unclear about what you mean here. The app, Dronelink, should record the flight records.
I am going to go with Dronelink...I play devil's advocate with myself as part of the analysis process.

So, for flightlog integration with Dronlink you have to spend $99. That is for Dronelink to auto sync with your chosen flight log platform (Airdata / Dronlogbook).
Trying to word this correctly, does the drone or the app log the flight data? If I am flying with the Dronlink app, and I do not have the $99 plan, do I still have access to logs to upload myself to my flight log platform of choice.

I hope that is more clear.
Thank you
Tim

Last edited:
I think I found the answer on the Dronelink site, the app generates logs in the DJI format. I have never worked with logs, but I assume I can copy them down and upload them myself to the flightlog application.

Tim

So, for flightlog integration with Dronlink you have to spend $99. That is for Dronelink to auto sync with your chosen flight log platform (Airdata / Dronlogbook).
Trying to word this correctly, does the drone or the app log the flight data? If I am flying with the Dronlink app, and I do not have the $99 plan, do I still have access to logs to upload myself to my flight log platform of choice.

I hope that is more clear.
Thank you
Tim
If you want flight logging integration using Dronlink, then yes, that's what they're saying. The Elite plan is the only one that offers it.

1679069375006.png

Reactions: McGanksta
I am confused, why would you want to pay money for an App to control the drone? Do these alternative Apps offer CONTROL features, note "control features" NOT log processing, that DJI's own FLy App does not?

With regards to processing the logs after flying, what does this "log integration" do? Are you looking that monitors you logs and shows trends etc. in say "battery" performance"?

If so have you compared them to to the freebie plan from Airdata or perhaps Flight Reader or JJB's (a DJI forum member)"Frap", though I am not sure if the last two are designed such monitoring.

In my own case I am working on a Linux program that scans and summarises the csv's of every flight log I have, some bits have been difficult and/or frustrating to code because I am a numpty and misunderstand the nuisances of coding.
I use Linux because I can't get my head around DOS coding but if you can program it wouldn't be difficult to create your own program to monitor your logs.
If you do a lot of flying the problem lies in getting the csv's since PhantomHelp ( PH) has a upload limit per 1 or 2 days.
I'd suggest either the PH or Flight Reader csv's as it/they (PH & flight reader are 'related' ) contains more data than the Airdata csv.

My own program is not meant to look for trends, it is aimed at producing a logbook of flights that contains the data-channels that I want.

Reactions: VikingwithDrones
I am confused, why would you want to pay money for an App to control the drone? Do these alternative Apps offer CONTROL features, note "control features" NOT log processing, that DJI's own FLy App does not?

With regards to processing the logs after flying, what does this "log integration" do? Are you looking that monitors you logs and shows trends etc. in say "battery" performance"?

If so have you compared them to to the freebie plan from Airdata or perhaps Flight Reader or JJB's (a DJI forum member)"Frap", though I am not sure if the last two are designed such monitoring.

In my own case I am working on a Linux program that scans and summarises the csv's of every flight log I have, some bits have been difficult and/or frustrating to code because I am a numpty and misunderstand the nuisances of coding.
I use Linux because I can't get my head around DOS coding but if you can program it wouldn't be difficult to create your own program to monitor your logs.
If you do a lot of flying the problem lies in getting the csv's since PhantomHelp ( PH) has a upload limit per 1 or 2 days.
I'd suggest either the PH or Flight Reader csv's as it/they (PH & flight reader are 'related' ) contains more data than the Airdata csv.

My own program is not meant to look for trends, it is aimed at producing a logbook of flights that contains the data-channels that I want.

The Dronlink and other apps add more functionality over and beyond what ships natively with the Mini 2 in my case.
I am going to use a free plan from either Airdata or Dronlogbook, as I am not educated in logs, I was asking if I could get the logs off the drone/app to upload myself.

I did find the answer within the Dronlink FAQ

If of interest to you, yes you can yourself copy or move the logs form the phone to a computer.
If you use an RC231/RC-N1 controller then the logs, .txt & DAT, should be on your phone. The DAT's will probably be missing if you sync your logs.
If you use a smart controller they will be on the controller. Where the logs are stored on the device depends on which version of the app you use.

I tink Airdata's app can also automatically upload/download the logs from you screen device.

What controller do you use?
If you use an RC231/RC-N1 controller, what phone do you use?
What version of the App do you use?

I actually took me longer to type this sentence than it takes me to access the logs on my Android phone using a Windows computer.
Stick Apple stuff in that 'equation' and it would take me longer as I have to work out how to do it each time.

Reactions: VikingwithDrones
I use the N1 controller, Samsung S23 Ultra phone and Windows PC.
Thank you for the time and thoughtful reply, I really like this forum!

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Ok for me with a Samsung S6 and a Windows computer the .txt logs from the early versions of the fly app are to be found in some thing like
Computer/Phone's name/Phone/DJI/dji.go.v5/FlightRecord
The DATs, if they exist, are in the MCDatFlightRecords folder in the FlightRecord folder.

The later versions of the app put the .txt logs in
Computer/Phone's name/Phone/Android /data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord
and the DATs, if they exist, are in the MCDatFlightRecords folder in the FlightRecord folder.

I have seen something about some hoops you have to jump through with the later, more security conscious versions of Android, but I don't know what those hoops are.
However you can google them and I suspect find several threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: McGanksta
Although I have had my drone for well over a year, I have not really done much with it. I am trying to change that this year starting now.
Looking at the 3rd party control apps I keep coming back to Dronelink, even though I am trying to talk myself into Litchi....
I noticed that flight log integration is part of the $99 hobby plan, so after all that my question is, if I am flying with the DL app, does the drone, Mini 2 in my case, record the flight logs or the app? I want to be able to upload log data, even if it is not automated.
I use Litchi as an alternative to DJI fly, and Dronelink for mapping. I have the pro starter and it integrates nicely into dronelogbook for my records.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake