DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink for Mavic Air 2 is out!

I just ignored user.

I'm looking for actual feedback from actual users. not to endlessly research something.
people who post useless things like that are what drives others away from forums like this...
Thanks for anyone who uses this and posts a reply. That's how sharing information works. :)

I just ignored user.

I'm looking for actual feedback from actual users. not to endlessly research something.
people who post useless things like that are what drives others away from forums like this...
Thanks for anyone who uses this and posts a reply. That's how sharing information works. :)
That's pretty rude...I for one very much appreciate the link and look forward to buying it and learning it.
If you really need someone to talk to you like a 6 year old, it's software that enables you to create missions from your desktop and go out and fly that mission plus other "components".

man, maybe it's the whole forum, blocked. Time to find a more welcoming bunch that tolerates simple questions. It's a shame a few bad apples can scare off potential visitors and newcomers.
Don't let me run you off, it's a very informative and friendly forum.
I'm pretty much a newbie here too...that said, if it's your nature to be rude to someone trying to help you maybe you should indeed move on.

Last edited:
I've been a tester for the MA2 Dronelink beta and it's awesome news to hear it's officially ready for prime time use!!

For anybody who doesn't know what it is, in a nutshell it gives (Virtual stick) support for waypoints, follow modes, orbits, mapping, and basically full automation for pre-planned missions on drones that don't support those modes via the manufacturers native app.

It is dependent on DJI's mobile SDK support. So it turns a drone like the original Mavic Mini with limited native features into an absolute beast with may of the features that were only available on the higher end drones.

It's basic hobbyist package is only a one-time payment of $20.00 (At least it was last time I checked) and there are a pile of Youtube videos set up like an intense training course explaining the core concepts.

Whilst the learning curve is steep, the power of this component-based approach to automation is almost without limit. You can pre-plan missions on an iPad, computer or phone (Web-based) then run the mission over and over again in the native app. There are also pre-set templates too if you're more into the Litchi/Mavern style of app.

Unbelievable value and great software.

Please support these guys, they rock!! The team at Dronelink are always accessible via the forums and they allow feature requests too.

I wouldn't be without it, and now that my MA2 has full support I'll be exploring it even more!!

Last edited:
Can anyone help me?
I have a Mavic mini that I have been using for mapping small areas.
I would love to expand my capabilities and am considering the MA2.
I use OpenDroneMap for creating maps and would really appreciate it if anyone can send me some photos from the MA2 in 48mp mapping mode using Dronelink.
BTW: I count crocodiles and want to know if the extra resolution would enable me to measure the smaller okes from 40m alt mapping missions.

Are there any users out there who are starting to experiment with DL for MA2 and can give some examples of the smoothness of it's flights, in particular in regard to turning / orbiting. I've been playing with Maven and have watched a lot of example videos that show some persistent lack of smoothness in these situations. (It seems to have improved lately, but still noticeable.)

One more question to contrast with Maven: does DL rely on altitude above the ground or altitude in relation to the take off point? Maven works based on altitude relative to the take off point, but with all of the preplanning options that DL offers, I was wondering if it works off of AGL. Of course, I know that the MA2 can't measure AGL, but was wondering if DL compensates for that in software (by knowing the starting altitude).

Maybe these questions are confusing... hope not.

Thanks!
Chris

hmm is this only for the app store and not android, cant tell from the android notes

Are there any users out there who are starting to experiment with DL for MA2 and can give some examples of the smoothness of it's flights, in particular in regard to turning / orbiting. I've been playing with Maven and have watched a lot of example videos that show some persistent lack of smoothness in these situations. (It seems to have improved lately, but still noticeable.)

One more question to contrast with Maven: does DL rely on altitude above the ground or altitude in relation to the take off point? Maven works based on altitude relative to the take off point, but with all of the preplanning options that DL offers, I was wondering if it works off of AGL. Of course, I know that the MA2 can't measure AGL, but was wondering if DL compensates for that in software (by knowing the starting altitude).

Thanks!
Chris
I have only made 2 plans since buying it yesterday (waiting for wind to die down here) but I would think it's from the home point...as much as I really hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: jlFdeCastro
hmm is this only for the app store and not android, cant tell from the android notes
Maybe I'm misunderstanding ur question but I got mine (for PC and 2 android devices) from Google Play...search for Dronelink for DJI.

You can also download the .apk file direct from the drone link website. That tends to have the latest version of the android .apk

I have only made 2 plans since buying it yesterday (waiting for wind to die down here) but I would think it's from the home point...as much as I really hope I'm wrong.
Good stuff, once you learn how it all works you’re going to have a lot of fun with it. I would suggest you work your way through the YouTube videos from the developers. It’s long and tedious, but it’ll give you a good knowledge of the underlying framework that drone link uses. I would also suggest before you run your first plan, you test It extensively within the app. You can also run your plans in Google Earth as well which looks fantastic. Make sure you select a big ball park or some other wide open space with no obstacles before you run your first plan. It’ll take the stress out of it immensely. Good luck, and post your video so we can all have a look. Cheers.

Reactions: SlugHead
Good stuff, once you learn how it all works you’re going to have a lot of fun with it. I would suggest you work your way through the YouTube videos from the developers. It’s long and tedious, but it’ll give you a good knowledge of the underlying framework that drone link uses. I would also suggest before you run your first plan, you test It extensively within the app. You can also run your plans in Google Earth as well which looks fantastic. Make sure you select a big ball park or some other wide open space with no obstacles before you run your first plan. It’ll take the stress out of it immensely. Good luck, and post your video so we can all have a look. Cheers.
I started the series of vids for the 2nd time today and after checking out what the plan looks like in Google Earth it seems I have a lot more learning & tweaking to do.
I live in a desert so no obstacles to worry about ?

Reactions: cyxx
I started the series of vids for the 2nd time today and after checking out what the plan looks like in Google Earth it seems I have a lot more learning & tweaking to do.
I live in a desert so no obstacles to worry about ?
It took me a long, long time before I gained the courage to execute one of my flight plans. I had the most success in keeping it as simple as possible. It was literally as basic as take off - fly to 20m altitude - fly forward 50m - turn 180 degrees - RTH

The next one was fly a square etc... Start simple and add to it each flight.

Last edited:

Thanks!
Chris
Here is their video explaining AGL/Terrain follow

Dronelink AGL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7