DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneLink for MM changes everything

While the app offers various custom controls , RAW does not seem to be available
The photo formats are by default set to JPEG and it’s grayed out , not possible to change anything there.
For video settings the usual options are possible within DroneLink app
cf92b2e27ce7ded7d0192630f862c39f.jpg

Last edited:
Wow
Thanks for your share !
There is already an official released app ?
How does Dronelink handle all the FCC hack you can do with FakeGPS?

Reactions: Gary R
I bought the Dronelink Hobbyist license last night and spent a couple of hours playing with the web-based planner, and I have to say that even if Litchi was able to support waypoint missions right now, I'd rather use Dronelink. It does make you feel that you can get the drone to do anything you want. I've been griping about the lack of waypoint missions since my first day on this forum, and I was angry all over again when, after 7 months of waiting, I found out Litchi wouldn't support them. Then suddenly, boom, here's something better! Yes, this completely changes my attitude toward the Mini: It is now a serious camera drone instead of a toy. I still can't believe DJI omitted this feature, but now, screw 'em! Looking forward to some field testing today, if the weather cooperates.

I bought the Dronelink Hobbyist license last night and spent a couple of hours playing with the web-based planner, and I have to say that even if Litchi was able to support waypoint missions right now, I'd rather use Dronelink. It does make you feel that you can get the drone to do anything you want. I've been griping about the lack of waypoint missions since my first day on this forum, and I was angry all over again when, after 7 months of waiting, I found out Litchi wouldn't support them. Then suddenly, boom, here's something better! Yes, this completely changes my attitude toward the Mini: It is now a serious camera drone instead of a toy. I still can't believe DJI omitted this feature, but now, screw 'em! Looking forward to some field testing today, if the weather cooperates.
Most likely the mini does not have enough memory to support waypoints adequately.
It is the least expensive one so I’m not surprised.

Have you checked out memory prices lately?
Most likely they’re using a chip that has the memory already on it - would’ve had to go to the next bigger chip.
Plus they don’t want to give you that for less money.
You get what you pay for. You bought the lower end model so don’t complain
It’s fine just use Dronelink.

Most likely they’re using a chip that has the memory already on it - would’ve had to go to the next bigger chip.
Plus they don’t want to give you that for less money.
You get what you pay for. You bought the lower end model so don’t complain
It’s fine just use Dronelink.
As a paying customer, I reserve the right to complain about anything I want :pbut the fact is, DJI has lost thousands of potential Mini sales to Fimi, Hubsan, and Anafi, by not supporting an absolutely basic GPS drone function. And they will continue to lose sales to people who won't know that Dronelink can provide that functionality. Yes, I'm happy now -- but not with DJI.

Reactions: csaba dundics
FWIW I've been using dronelink for months with a Mavic Pro (original v1) It's great software and I've only ever had a couple of minor issues with it.

1. Moving the start point for a mission when "out in the field" isn't that easy to do but is possible.
2. At the end of a long (4 battery) mission, the controller ran out of power. My drone returned to home but got stuck hovering at 3m. I managed to charge the controller enough to reconnect and land manually with the drone battery at 5%. But no idea what would have happened at 0%.

These were both about 6 months ago so may have been fixed or just issues with the MP1. I still use and recommend DroneLink to everyone!

Memory - RAM is an entirely different thing than storage - SD card
But the Mini already has the ability to autonomously fly to the home point, which is essentially a one-point waypoint mission, so it wouldn't take much code to interface that to a list of points and handle a few camera commands. If DJI didn't allow that much enhancement space, I'd guess we can't really expect any more enhancements. Good to know, but sad to hear.

I bought a hobbyist license from Dronelink ($20) and hope to try it out soon. The DL app is in the Apple app store, but is that app currently compatible with the Mini? It’s extremely robust but also pretty complex. I watched a number of videos by Dronelink and others. Almost feel like I need a class. Are you creating missions on iPad? That would be my preference.

Are you creating missions on iPad? That would be my preference.

I create missions on my desktop in the browser as it gives me most control. I usually have google earth open next to it on another monitor for additional planning info.

Reactions: RogerDH
I create missions on my desktop in the browser as it gives me most control. I usually have google earth open next to it on another monitor for additional planning info.
Yeah, there are all sorts of controls and fiddly stuff that would be much too frustrating for me on a phone or tablet. That may be the one drawback to Dronelink -- creating ad hoc missions in the field would be tedious -- but when that's a possibility, I have a notebook PC I can take along.

Maybe I need to try on my laptop. The iPad, as you say, is pretty frustrating. There's just SO MUCH that it's a little intimidating for a beginner.

EDIT: Also, just to be clear, is the Mini app different from the one that I downloaded yesterday in the App Store?

Maybe I need to try on my laptop. The iPad, as you say, is pretty frustrating. There's just SO MUCH that it's a little intimidating for a beginner.

EDIT: Also, just to be clear, is the Mini app different from the one that I downloaded yesterday in the App Store?

The version that supports the Mini is not yet on the store sites -- you have to download it from dronelink.com. When you go to the Get Started page, click on the three-bar menu icon and the dropdown will show Native Apps. When you click that, it'll pop up links to the App Store and Play, but when you click one of those it will tell you to download and install directly from their site instead.

Concerning ad hoc missions in the field, I see that Dronelink supports what it calls On the Fly functions, which are essentially single-component missions that you can execute immediately while flying (e.g. Panorama) or modify and execute (e.g. Path). Path implements a waypoint mission along a smoothly curving path, so other than the typical difficulty of setting up the waypoints by poking a fat finger at a little screen, it is possible to do simple ad hoc missions without going to the website, and it doesn't appear to be any more difficult than doing that with Litchi. If you buy the commercial license, you can create your own functions in Javascript.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N