DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink -- How To Install On Smart Controller, Step By Step?

DaveK-OR

Reactions
I'm wanting to try Dronelink to plan and execute missions with my M2P. However, I don't find any concise set of instructions on how to go about it. Even the Dronelink FAQ's don't tell me much other than I need the Google Play Store and Google Services. That's fine, but how do I get all of that onto the smart controller?

Yes, I'm a noob at this, but you'd think there would be some sort of tutorial for just how to accomplish this.

I'm wanting to try Dronelink to plan and execute missions with my M2P. However, I don't find any concise set of instructions on how to go about it. Even the Dronelink FAQ's don't tell me much other than I need the Google Play Store and Google Services. That's fine, but how do I get all of that onto the smart controller?

Yes, I'm a noob at this, but you'd think there would be some sort of tutorial for just how to accomplish this.

Yeah, a simple google revealed this: CERTIFIED AERIALS - How to Install Google Play Store on DJI Smart Controller

Thanks for that link... I'd been looking at the videos available, so missed this link. Still... This seems to get you to Google Play Store, and probably Google Services, but then what? There is still Dronelink to be installed. Further, at first glance, this seems to be a somewhat dangerous pathway that could result in a bricked controller and not be covered by warranty.

Is there anybody out there who has successfully installed Dronelink on their SC who can comment on this?

What you need to do is open this link on the SC browser

Each one of the listed items e.g. Dronelink (required), Google Play Services, Google Play Store etc. is a link to a .apk file, which you need to download to the SC.
Once you have downloaded them all, go to the downloads folder on the SC and install each file by clicking on it and following the prompts.
You will then see Drone link in the app's page which you then run.

What you need to do is open this link on the SC browser

Each one of the listed items e.g. Dronelink (required), Google Play Services, Google Play Store etc. is a link to a .apk file, which you need to download to the SC.
Once you have downloaded them all, go to the downloads folder on the SC and install each file by clicking on it and following the prompts.
You will then see Drone link in the app's page which you then run.

Thank you Iannes!! That is a much more helpful and simpler explanation of what needs to be done.

Thanks for that link... I'd been looking at the videos available, so missed this link. Still... This seems to get you to Google Play Store, and probably Google Services, but then what? There is still Dronelink to be installed. Further, at first glance, this seems to be a somewhat dangerous pathway that could result in a bricked controller and not be covered by warranty.

Is there anybody out there who has successfully installed Dronelink on their SC who can comment on this?
Except do not install it from the Google play store on - the Dronelink site has a download page because there’s a special version for smart controller. Due to the fact that it is an old build and not licensed with Google they are special considerations for apps.

There’s also links there to install the Google play service and the play store but the play store won’t actually run.
So please do this find their download page and install it from their Google play store may or may not ever run on smart controller.

This is because DJI has a custom build for android and has not paid the licensing fees therefore generally speaking good google play store will not run out of the box

There is a procedure to get it to run just for you but I didn’t have any luck with this and I just download the apps I need APK file from the Pure APK app.

Drone link Tech Support will guide you through this if you have problems. You will also have to get a license from the website to use it

Save yourself a lot of headache and get Litchee.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42