DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink is now free for non-commercial use.

marklyn

Reactions
Wow, just received that email and am checking into it now. Seems like the folks at Dronelink may have heard us non-commercial users. I wouldn't have expected them to make it free for us, maybe a limit on number of flights but, hey, I love a company that listens. Heading over right now to check out what free really means :)

OK, I've spent 15 minutes creating my first mission (orbit and straight line) and this software is pretty amazing so far. The level of detail put into the preview flight certainly blows anything else out of the water. I'm still wrapping my head around the idea of using (and re-using) components but I'm sure it will make sense to me as I get deeper into this. So far this is turning out to be much better than I expected. Great work Dronelink!!!

I also received the E-Mail and applaud them for this decision. The problem is that I already had a Pro account from the Beta test and there seems to be no option to move to the free plan, even though I am not subscribed at the moment.

Also it does not explain what the difference is between a commercial mission and a non-commercial mission. Yes logistically I know the difference in terms of intent. However technically on the platform are there any functional differences?

Good questions.

I also received the E-Mail and applaud them for this decision. The problem is that I already had a Pro account from the Beta test and there seems to be no option to move to the free plan, even though I am not subscribed at the moment.

Also it does not explain what the difference is between a commercial mission and a non-commercial mission. Yes logistically I know the difference in terms of intent. However technically on the platform are there any functional differences?

They will refund your money is not going commercial.

It looks like this offer had so many hits the website seems to be down now. I have tried for the past several minutes with no luck. DARN!

Very excited about this, but the app crashes on my Iphone 6S+ with ios 13. Hopefully this is a minor bug?

Very excited about this, but the app crashes on my Iphone 6S+ with ios 13. Hopefully this is a minor bug?
yes its crashing on both my iPhone and iPad with iOS 13 at the moment sure Dronlink will get it sorted soon just sit tight

They will refund your money is not going commercial.
Note in my original post that "Pro account from the Beta test and there seems to be no option to move to the free plan, even though I am not subscribed at the moment. " It has nothing to do with a refund.

what exactly is this please as on the site I only see drones for sale? they have some app to use for the drone? Can someone send me some link please?

Got the email as well, good decison on their end. I was wondering how long it would take for them to adjust their use policy. It's great software but if the public can't use it and give word of mouth recommendations they would have never made it.

I'll have to look into it and see if they have made a parameter for aerial mapping aka orthomosaics.

Reactions: ajkm
Thats great, hows the offline functionality?
it's a cakewalk - Just plan your mission on the PC/Mac (Browser-based frontend), preview if necessary with the built-in Mission preview function, then use your tablet in the field and fly the mission ...

Litchi cost a few $ to download/use the program and now Dronelink is free for non-commercial. For me Litchi was easier to learn but Dronelink is much more robust and a superior product (IMO). Both have a portal to setup missions online and Dronelink's portal is very advanced (compared to Litchi) but with that comes a need for a deeper understanding of how to use the portal and the app. That being said, as a new Dronelink user I'm running into issues using my Mavic Pro 2 and iPad mini 4 (I posted on Dronelink's support forum). I assume, being a newly released product, these issues will be overcome as the product develops and matures. The only thing that would put me out of the game is if the minimum requirements for using the app would be higher than my iPad mini 4. I wouldn't buy an expensive hardware upgrade just to use the app.
The main thing about Litchi and Dronelink is they are very different in how you set up missions. I have to almost "unlearn" most of what I know to do in Litchi and approach Dronelink with an open mind in order to maximize it's potential.

I'm looking at the site now. Do I download software or what? Where? I'm seeing the mission planning screen and yes, it's pretty intimidating at the moment. UPDATE: I found the app. We'll see. SECOND UPDATE: I get the message "Do you want to install an update to the built in app (GoogleServices....). Failed. Android. UPDATE 3: Success.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the site now. Do I download software or what? Where? I'm seeing the mission planning screen and yes, it's pretty intimidating at the moment. UPDATE: I found the app. We'll see.
It's really best to go through all of the tutorial videos first. Yes, it's not glamorous but it really will jump start your understanding of this product. I idid, then downloaded the app and logged into the portal to start a new mission and still had to watch the videos again to make thinks click better in my mind after I started playing around with a first mission.

The problem is that I already had a Pro account from the Beta test and there seems to be no option to move to the free plan, even though I am not subscribed at the moment.
Go to your account settings page and click the Downgrade option:
1570031501895.png
There are no functional differences between Free and Pro. Commercial just means you are being paid to fly.

what exactly is this please as on the site I only see drones for sale? they have some app to use for the drone? Can someone send me some link please?

I assume, being a newly released product, these issues will be overcome as the product develops and matures. The only thing that would put me out of the game is if the minimum requirements for using the app would be higher than my iPad mini 4. I wouldn't buy an expensive hardware upgrade just to use the app.
I have been developing apps for the DJI SDK since it was first launched in 2014 - starting with Autopilot (the first app in the iOS App Store for DJI). Dronelink is new but it is based on all the experience that I gained over the last 5 years while working with the SDK, so it isn't like any other "new" app out there.

The main thing about Litchi and Dronelink is they are very different in how you set up missions. I have to almost "unlearn" most of what I know to do in Litchi and approach Dronelink with an open mind in order to maximize it's potential.
You can use Dronelink like a Litchi clone if you basically constrain yourself to one path component and never reveal the component navigator, though not sure why you would want to limit yourself.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent