DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink mission complete!!!!

Marcass Carcass

Reactions
I have a MA2, I am ready to try out my new mission. This is the first time letting Dronelink "take over my drone"
I just want to make sure I am going to do this right, ok start drone, start remote, start dronelink, take off, then start mission in dronelink.
Is this correct and/or will I need some other software component also. like something something related to MA2?

Reactions: 000
I have a MA2, I am ready to try out my new mission. This is the first time letting Dronelink "take over my drone"
I just want to make sure I am going to do this right, ok start drone, start remote, start dronelink, take off, then start mission in dronelink.
Is this correct and/or will I need some other software component also. like something something related to MA2?

No other software is needed.

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
If you are that uneasy make sure your first mission is in a wide open field, I live right down the road from you (Piedmont/Pelzer area) and I know the Easley area has hundreds ;) Make it a simple mission maybe two waypoints up high. Keep your finger on your pause button (Tap RTH). Once you get the first mission out of the way, things get progressively easier.

Adjust the first mission down (altitude) a bit for second flight, maybe adjust the speed a bit...send it again.

Third mission, add a waypoint, adjust heights to all different...ect.....send it. Over a few days of testing you will then become more familiar with what does what and how, all adding to your confidence. You have 3 days of awesome weather ahead this week, make use of them. :) I am charging up all my batteries for some long overdue flights right now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just my input - before using Dronelink to take over your drone - make sure you know how to either stop dronelink or take control of your drone quickly without thinking about it - with the drone not in your 100% control while using an automated program - if something goes wrong in the "mission" - you need to be quick and take back control.
Know where your cancel buttons are - or stop mission buttons are on the program.
Dont want you to lose your drone because you panic and or take to long to figure out how to take back control.
Happy flying -- Dronelink is great

If you are that uneasy make sure your first mission is in a wide open field, I live right down the road from you (Piedmont/Pelzer area) and I know the Easley area has hundreds ;) Make it a simple mission maybe two waypoints up high. Keep your finger on your pause button (Tap RTH). Once you get the first mission out of the way, things get progressively easier.

Adjust the first mission down (altitude) a bit for second flight, maybe adjust the speed a bit...send it again.

Third mission, add a waypoint, adjust heights to all different...ect.....send it. Over a few days of testing you will then become more familiar with what does what and how, all adding to your confidence. You have 3 days of awesome weather ahead this week, make use of them. :) I am charging up all my batteries for some long overdue flights right now.
Much appreciated

Third mission, add a waypoint, adjust heights to all different...ect.....send it. Over a few days of testing you will then become more familiar with what does what and how, all adding to your confidence. You have 3 days of awesome weather ahead this week, make use of them. :) I am charging up all my batteries for some long overdue flights right now. :rolleyes:
That’s great input! Hope you’re around when I’m ready for dronelink. Right now I’m working on dusk flying to get a better handle on it when we’re allowed to fly at night. Also studying for part 107. Thanks - M2

That sums it up well!
I was initially hesitant to hand over the controls but as you suggest I took it out to an open, flat field and had 3 waypoints set at different speeds and altitudes and it performed flawlessly.
I've since upgraded to premium to get the AGL option which I will test at a more hilly area.
Assuming it passes that test I'll actually do a mission at a more interesting spot and capture footage ?

It's recommended to start the remote controller first, before the drone. This is in case any errant signals accidently cause your drone to respond and do something you would rather not have it do. RC on before drone.

Echoing all the great advice here I'd say number one is keep it simple!! I did a short mission in a wide open park about 2 meters off the ground. Take off - Fly 50m forward - Turn 180 degrees - Fly 50m forward - Land. And yes, once you get the first one out of the way you'll gain confidence and trust in the software. Always be ready to pause or RTH to stop the mission and you'll be fine.

Good luck and post your videos of the your first missions here!!

Be sure to let us know how things went! my first autonomous flight with Dronelink was "freaky." I watched it every second. I even paused a few times to take over control, just to make sure I knew how and that I could. I planned one mission from my home at a nearby park. Then went out to try all the different markers, etc. One thing google earth did not show was some tree's near a fence. Glad I could stop and take over.

Still learning myself. But is is fun to plan a mission.

Hi, We are hoping to do drone mapping, but have troubles connecting the drone to dronelink. We are flying a Mavic air 2 and downloaded Dronelink for an android device. We have the "business growth plan" of dronelink. When we open the DJI fly app then it shows that have made all the updates that we need for the drone. We gave the dronelink app all the permissions requested and forcefully closed DJI fly. On the dronelink app it shows the plans of what we want to fly but it says "disconnected" even though the drone is on and the controller is connected. Is there anyone who advise me on this matter? I would really appreciate it

Hi, We are hoping to do drone mapping, but have troubles connecting the drone to dronelink. We are flying a Mavic air 2 and downloaded Dronelink for an android device. We have the "business growth plan" of dronelink. When we open the DJI fly app then it shows that have made all the updates that we need for the drone. We gave the dronelink app all the permissions requested and forcefully closed DJI fly. On the dronelink app it shows the plans of what we want to fly but it says "disconnected" even though the drone is on and the controller is connected. Is there anyone who advise me on this matter? I would really appreciate it
Make sure all other apps and dji fly are closed completely by hitting recent apps key, left of home button, and choosing close all, then start dronelink....

Last edited:
I have used both apps never had and issue but love litchi more. Good luck

When I was new to this drone hobby, years ago, I tried a few pre-programmed missions without knowledge of the rules and regs. Never had a problem with pre-programmed missions. At the time I thought, it was really cool to have it fly low (100ft) over a forest with trees or towers (all 100ft high or less), lose signal (black screen), have it fly thousands of feet away and return with all kinds of cool video footage. Of Course, being new, I hadn't learned all the rules, like VLOS. Had no clue. Maybe drones should come with a small pamphlet stating the most important FAA rules saying, "MUST READ THESE LAWS BEFORE FLIGHT!". And, Or, put the short list in the 1st time start up app with check marks, before the app will start. Of course, experienced users could opt to skip the list.

Anyway, I have a feeling that a lot of drones are flown BVLOS, during "pre-programmed missions". ((MOSTLY BY HOBBIESTS?)) Screen goes blank, drone flying low, pilot at ground level, can't see over the tree line. Maybe it's just me. I live in a flat area, but with trees and houses. When flying at ground level, the trees and houses quickly cut the line of site causing the pilot to increase altitude, thus increasing distance from the drone. I don't see how anyone can see their drone(s). I respect the fact that professionals or those that are licensed pick spots where they can see and use spotters and move their home site when needed after each mission, when doing mapping or what else.

I do get to fly from a 2nd and 3rd story house to see over the tree line, but if your on the ground, I don't see how anyone performing a pre programmed drone mission won't lose VLOS (and signal) in an area with lots of trees and houses while they are at ground level. Open fields and hilly areas, maybe no problem; lakes, oceans beaches, desert terrain, ok, no prob. But forested areas? The only way your going to fly any significant distance away , in a forested area, is by planning a mission with way points. That will require a LOSS of VLOS and signal. This is why companies like amazon are getting BVLOS permission. They know, they won't be able to see a transport drone even 2 blocks away from the take off point. I wonder what their minimum height will be when releasing a package? I do suspect, they will have some serious penetration power or be using Cell phone tech to communicate with their drones, as to not lose connection. Wifi won't cut it, during a package drop off at low altitude.

Anyway, That's my blog for the day. See you all during my next rant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada