DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink with Mavic Mini 1 used through iPhone 6s or iPad Mini 4

hawkinsuk

Reactions
I have been using a Mavic Mini 1 with Litchi and yesterday I downloaded Dronelink in particular to use their 'Path' mode. I don't feel as though I have even got to the starter gate yet :) I'm in the UK and the Dronelink software comes up with a warning message that my iPhone 6s and the iPad Mini 4 are old kit and I should get something more up-to-date. I've not been able to fly weatherwise since the download but I expected to get a box on the screen for me to plan a route but none has appeared. I can see Google Map and I can link to the Mini camera OK.

So, here are some questions:
1. Am I doing something wrong?
2. Does the age of my kit mean it won't work for me?
3. Are there any issues using iPhone/iPad kit with Dronelink?

Any thoughts would be appreciated :) Thanks, Mike

It’s easier to plan your route through the web app on a PC then load it in when required.
2. Does the age of my kit mean it won't work for me?
It’s not so much the age of the kit as the power of the processor (which tends to be weaker in older phones). To operate at its best (smoothest), Dronelink needs a fast processor to handle all the calculations needed to control the drone.

3. Are there any issues using iPhone/iPad kit with Dronelink?
No - I use both. But note my comment above. Dronelink should work with your devices but it might be a little jerky at times.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys