DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones and air travel

Anyone got experience, tips, advice for traveling on airplanes with your drone in the US?
Should not be a problem but must be carried on, not checked. I've don't this many times. On my last few trips security has not looked at them.
I'm hoping it's simple and painless. I'll be carrying my Air 2S and Mini 2 with spare batteries for each in my backpack next month as we head to Hawaii.
Just returned from there, check out my video.
Air 2 - Over the Big Island - Hawaii

Did they make you take apart your bag and show them what was in it or did you just send it through the Xray machine and walk on?

Did they make you take apart your bag and show them what was in it or did you just send it through the Xray machine and walk on?
Went through the x-ray and never opened the bag. Had to take out the iPad before x-ray.

Reactions: Eagle Eye 62
Contact the Airline, tell them exactly what you will be traveling with and don't forget to mention the batteries. You do not want to be at the Check-In counter, with non-refundable tickets, and the airline telling you that you cannot bring those batteries on board...

Reactions: fotojack
We're flying Delta.

Lithium cells or batteries power many consumer electronic devices and medical devices, like watches, laptop batteries, calculators, cell phones, hearing aids and much more. You can bring lithium-battery powered devices and spare lithium batteries as carry-on items only, with batteries individually protected to prevent short circuits.

Source

I have fire/explosion-proof bags and connector covers for my batteries.

Traveling with your drone is no problem for the airlines or TSA. I do it regularly.
However, you must keep the batteries in the cabin with you.
You may also NOT fly your drone while in flight. Don’t be THAT guy…😉

Reactions: fotojack
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore