DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones and Airplanes Don't Mix

Nice fly-in community, and the drone footage is very cool. Are the Bonanzas yours? The wife and I have a Mirage 350P. I would love to get some shots such as those, but we fly out of public airports up here so getting permission for such a flight would require a signature from God,...........notarized by Jesus.

What Comanche do you have? We had a1964 PA28-235 Cherokee before we went to the Mirage. The 235 was a great little aircraft, it could carry its own weight, and unless you had a big ole-pile of rocks in the baggage compartment you could not go out of your CofG range. The Mirage, while it goes a bunch faster and higher, is very fussy on loading. Plus up to maybe 10,000’ the Cherokee would out clime the Mirage. We love the Mirage but miss some of the simple aspects of the old PA28-235. Funny they have the same core Engine, the O-540. But at the end of the day its all fun, Cheers.

Reactions: mereflyer
Drive a mile of runway and you will have gone a mile.
Give us a mile of runway, and we will take you anywhere....

Disclaimer:
No manned aircraft/pilot was hurt or injured in the making of this picture with a MP2.
Taken in class G airspace in accordance with current FAA regulations.DJI PEO Rwy lat.jpg

Park your car.
Be airborne in 7 minutes on average.
We are ready...

Disclaimer:
No manned aircraft/pilot was hurt or injured in the making of this picture with a MP2.
Taken in class G airspace in accordance with current FAA regulations.
Taken with the consent of the jet pilot, I.E me!DJI PEO LAT parc.jpg

Park your car.
Be airborne in 7 minutes on average.
We are ready...

Disclaimer:
Taken in class G airspace in accordance with current FAA regulations.
Taken with the consent of the jet pilot, I.E me!View attachment 74849
Very cool :) I think this is the 1st time I've seen aircraft drone pics on this site.

Nice fly-in community, and the drone footage is very cool. Are the Bonanzas yours? The wife and I have a Mirage 350P. I would love to get some shots such as those, but we fly out of public airports up here so getting permission for such a flight would require a signature from God,...........notarized by Jesus.
Casper couldn't you just land your plane in some remote place and do the drone shots. Maybe a farmers grass strip some place an old abandon road hell There must be lots of place where you could do that.

Casper couldn't you just land your plane in some remote place and do the drone shots. Maybe a farmers grass strip some place an old abandon road hell There must be lots of place where you could do that.
A Mirage on an abandoned road...now THERE'S a shot!

A Mirage on an abandoned road...now THERE'S a shot!

LOL, Bigbird did have a very good artistic idea, but the Mirage is pretty much a hard-surface animal. The main gear is indeed pretty robust, but the nose gear has a wee-bit of a history of not staying down & locked on landing roll outs. Piper, for what ever evil reason decided that upon nose-gear retraction the entire front wheel should also rotate 90 degrees sideways. Every 100 hour inspection a full gear swing is required. For you non flyers, the aircraft is put on 3 Jacks lifted off the ground and the Landing Gear fully cycled up and down, while the aviation mechanics carefully watch and look that everything is operating to standards. The first time I watched this on our Mirage, I was amazed how much stuff was going on in our little front wheel well during those 60-90 seconds. Can you say Rube Goldberg?? Sorry for going off on a bit of a tangent. Its funny, I cannot do a drone flight as a fully licensed drone and fixed wing pilot, but I could have my buddy in the next hanger fly me in his helicopter, with the door removed and me holding the drone outside to get the exact same shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ