DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones Are About to Revolutionize Our World. This Bill Will Let America Lead the Drone Economy.

Text "RESIST" to 50409
Tell your Representatives how you feel about this bill and to vote no or yes

Read the bill. I don't see drone sales or operators freedom to use their drone suffering because of this bill.

First of all, nothing is happening immediately. it's going to take a long time, maybe years for the training of the local authorities to be done, so we are not in any immediate peril of losing our rights to fly.

"Not later than one year after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Administrator shall enter into agreements with not more than 10 State, local, or tribal governments to establish pilot programs"

10 governments is very few compared to the number of state local and tribal governments we have in the USA, which are in the 10's of thousands.

Another upside is that it is not prohibiting flying above 200' over other peoples property, and is just giving more authority to local governments to regulate drone usage. Many local authorities currently have no idea what to do about someone disturbing someone else with their drone. They will just tell you to stop annoying that particular person, and in rare situations you could be arrested if you dont stop, but then you deserve it anyway. Be respectful if someone asks you to stop. It is turning more control from the FAA over to local governments, not to homeowners, but local governments have been restricting drone use anyway. In NYC, all of Manhattan is an NFZ, and there are only a few parks you can fly at legally. In my neck of the woods, Atlanta, many parks are NFZ's already, but there are still plenty of other places to fly.

What this bill will allow is for local governments to restrict and regulate drone usage. Nothing new.

This will not be the end of drone usage, you just have to find out what your local laws are before you take off, which you should be doing anyway. The B4UFLY app will no longer be an accurate rendering of where you can and cant fly, but it really doesnt cover private regulation anyway, it mostly covers FAA class airspace.

I have seen countless videos of drone pilots buzzing mansions at 100' or less. If I were the homeowner, I would call the police. Soon the locaI governments will have new laws about what they consider restricted property, as long as it complies with the bill, and will be able to issue a fine when the operator is not complying with the law. I still see videos of people flying above traffic and busy highways. It's illegal but they do it anyway and the FAA rarely if ever enforced it. You will now start to see drone operators being more closely monitored by local authorities, but only if youre doing something you shouldnt be doing.

Trump is on his way to privatizing ATC nationwide, so I wouldnt be surprised if he privatized the FAA as well. If that happens, you will see registration fees come back, probably higher since they are going to a corporation.

Last edited:
In NYC, all of Manhattan is an NFZ, and there are only a few parks you can fly at legally. In my neck of the woods, Atlanta, many parks are NFZ's already

And you don't see this as a problem? Prohibiting people from enjoying their hobby at a public park is just wrong.

Not exactly sure what youre talking about.
You are saying you don't make the rules you just obey them, but if people in fact stand up and say no to planned new rules they don't like then you and everyone else do make the rules, but i no one stands up to rules the don't like we will forever be sheep to them that have money and power at the forefront of thinking and that stands true to all parts of life.

You are saying you don't make the rules you just obey them, but if people in fact stand up and say no to planned new rules they don't like then you and everyone else do make the rules, but i no one stands up to rules the don't like we will forever be sheep to them that have money and power at the forefront of thinking and that stands true to all parts of life.

Ok, I understand what you're saying. I guess that if you feel your rights are being violated, you should write your congressman.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej