DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones are now banned from flying in these UK parks to 'reduce risk to the public'.

:(:(:(o_O

Reactions: old man mavic
big brother has spoken what next:(:(:(

Reactions: Steve Murray
Outrageous. Won't be moving there then. More worrying that it'll be an example to other councils.

Drones are banned in many American national parks as well. It's the local authorities Im more concerned about. They can make more arbitrary and more expedited bans than the federal government can.

Reactions: JDawg
i feel ashamed i was born in Loughborough and know the area well i am sure this ban will have an impact in other parts of the UK sorry guys and gals out there

Last edited:
I have relatives living in 1 of those boroughs. (which what drew my attention to this)
Impact =0 Edit; FOR NOW!
Worrying that this may extend to other UK councils in the future.

Yep I bet your right there, I do know some parks here in Essex are no fly zones, it doesn’t tell you that on the notice boards but park rangers jump all over you when they see your drone.

hi porky i moved to wales in the early 70s met my wife here and settled in to the Welsh way of life its a wonderful part of the UK to live and after all this time i consider myself an adopted Welshman ill keep a welcome in the hillside for you

hi porky i moved to wales in the early 70s met my wife here and settled in to the Welsh way of life its a wonderful part of the UK to live and after all this time i consider myself an adopted Welshman ill keep a welcome in the hillside for you

My dad lived just outside Merthyr Tydfil, think that’s how you spell it.. we used to go & visit, take trips out to the Brecon Beacons. Oh what a lovely place that is.

I like the look of Lianfairpwllgwyngyll, blimley can you imagine trying to pronounce that name to everyone & spelling it:oops:

Yeah I defo would say Wales is a very nice part of the country.

thanks porky i am not far from Merthyr tydfil great spelling by the way can be in the beacons in about 20mins from home

Reactions: Porky
I think they are killing the drone scene just as we have been enjoying the finally great technology. 2016-2018. Golden years for drones. It will only get worse. The totalitarian state is kicking in...

Sheffield City Council already ban drones from their parks. To be honest I wouldn’t want to fly in them anyway - no decent footage to be had.

Plenty of places to fly in the UK so long as you’re sensible. I’ve posted to death what the legal position is when flying on / over private land - parks are no different.

i think we should all carry on flying our UAVs in a lawful manner which we all do because we dont want to give ammo to the law makers to find ways of preventing us flying we should hold off judgement till the drone bill has been implemented fully next year its in our interest to fly within the guidelines presently in use

I live in the South Wales valleys. The sun is shining today so as soon as I've finished tiling the bathroom I'll be up the lakes with the dog getting some mavic pro time in. The stream feeding the lake should make a beautiful pic. Just have to watch for the power lines at the bottom end!middle lake.jpg

Aww man you're so lucky to live there :) I have significantly less impressive hills round here, but I'll be up one of them later anyway... we're having a freak one day of perfect conditions in the UK today, aren't we ? Back to rain tomorrow, so we should all get out there if we can...

Happy flyings !

Reactions: old man mavic
Aww man you're so lucky to live there :) I have significantly less impressive hills round here, but I'll be up one of them later anyway... we're having a freak one day of perfect conditions in the UK today, aren't we ? Back to rain tomorrow, so we should all get out there if we can...

Happy flyings !

Beer's cheap too.

I'm from the Crosskeys area and this is what it looks like around out house. Just wish I could get back home more often. Had our two little ones Baptized at the church on the mountain last year. Love to meet up with the other Welsh boys when we are back home, born or you reborn Welsh.

Attachments

• DJI_0061 _Church_web1.jpg
    DJI_0061 _Church_web1.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 33
  • WALES_0037_web.jpg
    WALES_0037_web.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Outrageous. Won't be moving there then. More worrying that it'll be an example to other councils.
I won't be moving there either. I have friends in that part of the world though and this may impact if I bother to go and see them in the future at their home addresses.

I would like to know though, exactly what risk are they talking about? Have they done some kind of thorough risk assessment or something? Or is it the more likely scenario, that some council official is trying to justify his or her job by doing this. Millions of drone flights performed all over the world every single day and thus far not one single death or even life threatening injury cause by a drone EVER!

I would've thought that dogs biting people or people riding bicycles or playing ball games would be more of a risk to the public than drone flights! And in that part of the world, people riding horses. Are they going to ban these activities as well?

In the end though, bans like this just encourage people to make illegal flights. When the places that you use to fly in suddenly disappear, people will generally just say - sod it then, I'll fly from my back garden in a built up area and sod the risk.

Classic small-minded Councillors (I've worked with council chambers before...). I can imagine that this was tabled by some idiot with an axe to grind (disturbing me walking my dog) and without a reasoned argument (over the legitimate rights of DPs) they just all nodded (and went back to sleep). I'm surprised they didn't spout something about GDPR issues as well...

Reactions: Porky
I won't be moving there either. I have friends in that part of the world though and this may impact if I bother to go and see them in the future at their home addresses.

I would like to know though, exactly what risk are they talking about? Have they done some kind of thorough risk assessment or something? Or is it the more likely scenario, that some council official is trying to justify his or her job by doing this. Millions of drone flights performed all over the world every single day and thus far not one single death or even life threatening injury cause by a drone EVER!

I would've thought that dogs biting people or people riding bicycles or playing ball games would be more of a risk to the public than drone flights! And in that part of the world, people riding horses. Are they going to ban these activities as well?

In the end though, bans like this just encourage people to make illegal flights. When the places that you use to fly in suddenly disappear, people will generally just say - sod it then, I'll fly from my back garden in a built up area and sod the risk.

Yes but cows make sharks look completely harmless.... (since when does logic and common sense matter)?

Reactions: Ren57

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ