DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones in California

socalvn

Reactions
A pair of legislators in California have introduced separate pieces of legislation aimed at further regulating the nascent drone industry in the name of safety. Assemblyman Mike Gatto wants inexpensive insurance policies sold with drones, and also wants those drones to be outfitted with tiny license plates. He said, "If cars have license plates and insurance, drones should have the equivalent, so they can be properly identified, and owners can be held financially responsible, whenever injuries, interference, or property damage occurs." Another bill, put forth by Assemblyman Ed Chau, wants to require drone owners to leave contact information in the event of a crash. Chau also made parallels with cars: "If you lose control of your drone and someone gets hurt – or someone else's property gets damaged — then you should have the same duty to go to the scene of the accident, give your name and address, and cooperate with the police." The bills follow a number of incidents during 2015 in which drones damaged people and property, or simply got in the way of other operations.

We knew this was coming! Im not surprised one bit. Its a legislators job to legislate. Im going to get a license plate with the dual palm trees for California flying.

Won't ever become law. Gov Brown has been vetoing these bills because they cost too much administer. Just more government. The only bill he signed was for nuisance paparazzi's.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Won't ever become law. Gov Brown has been vetoing these bills because they cost too much administer. Just more government. The only bill he signed was for nuisance paparazzi's.

Hope, hope , hope you are correct! Like they say of its fun and enjoyable they will either outlaw it or find a way to profit from it in Kommiefornia

The state of California will do anything to make a buck from you ...[emoji35] [emoji576]

Reactions: Flycaster
I just posted this earlier today in another thread... "I'm with the government, and I'm here to help" are the scariest 9 words in the English language... - Reagan. That is becoming ever so evident.

If it becomes law I'll either break it or move.

or both

If Californians weren't so heavily taxed, the legislators wouldn't have the time and money to harass its citizens with such pettiness!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Boom. Spot on. Everything out here is crazy expensive. I can move to Texas, buy a huge land and still have money left over versus practically being broke all the time.

But then you would have to live there lol...

Boom. Spot on. Everything out here is crazy expensive. I can move to Texas, buy a huge land and still have money left over versus practically being broke all the time.

A good friend of mine did just that back in 1992. He never looked back because he couldn't afford to. Worst mistake he ever made financially. His house in Fort Worth is worth the same today as the day he bought it back in 1993. Our houses here have quadrupled during those years. Now would be the time to cash out but not back then...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose