DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones on NCL cruise ships

buckeyestormchaser

Reactions
I've searched, and I know NCL pretty much has a no tolerance for bringing drones aboard.

Has anyone had any success getting their drone onboard? Sounds like there may have some give and take over the past couple of years but in searching this and other forums, I havent seen any recent comments on success or failure.

We will be sailing the POA in July and I want to take my drone so bad. I'm a responsible Part 107 licensed pilot with no intentions of sailing on or from the ship or anywhere near the ship when we dock. I have never flown over crowds, or my local neighborhood. And I'm not going to start on a cruise, It's HI. There's much better scenery. I want to take it elsewhere. I have no problem bringing it on, checking it, and taking it me with me when we dock. In fact, I would prefer that so I would not give in to peer pressure of taking for a quick flight from deck 14

Too bad they appear to be such a stiff shirt. NCL is my favorite cruise line. At least Carnival seems a little more cooperative.

Thanks

Unfortunately the cruise lines have taken this stance because not all drone operators are responsible, safe and considerate as you are.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s