DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones stolen, need help deciding replacement.

TRuav

Reactions
Evening peeps.
Back in January my home was broken into. I had 4 drones stolen, a solo that had 400+ flights, a spark fly More Combo with 11 flights, a Tello that was a gift for Christmas that had maybe 50 flights indoors, and a used Mavic Pro fly more I had picked up broken. (Just replaced gimbal cable, waiting on charger)

So, for the last 3 weeks I’ve been trying to decide what to spend $1200 budget on.

I’m torn between original Mavic Pro, I like the cheap available parts, easy to repair myself. (Second hand, refurb, new, + cash left for accessories)
Or
Mavic Pro 2 zoom with 1 battery. (No accessories)

I don’t care about smart shots, sensors (I turn those off, I consider myself a pilot)

I love photography and videos, I don’t upload anything on the net. ( just on my laptop that only handles 1080 p) but I do want to record in 4 k for future use.
I don’t do much post processing, I generally let it be untouched as it is.

I do have a 4K television.

Your thoughts.
And thank you !

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I’m torn between original Mavic Pro, I like the cheap available parts, easy to repair myself. (Second hand, refurb, new, + cash left for accessories)
Or
Mavic Pro 2 zoom with 1 battery. (No accessories)
I'd go with the Mavic 2 Zoom. The build quality is better and it's packed with many more useful features.

If you remotely or ing vaguely consider taking pics at low light conditions, spring for a mav 2 pro....and buy a zoom camera later. <-about $360 now.
DJI goggle is a must :)
The sensor system alone makes the M2 in either flavor a hit with me. Already had to replace my MPP after I backed it into a tree and it fell 50 ft. I nvever saw the branch. The new M2s are bristling with sensors in all directions.

Although we feel for you with the horrors involved in a Break In, we're jealous of the fabulous opportunity you now have.

As T-Drones suggests, the best 'One Drone Only' option in our opinion is the MP2 Zoom.

Wish we had the option to do likewise.

Rgds, NAVMAV - (MA Fly More.)
Thank you !

If you remotely or vaguely considering taking pics at low light conditions, spring for a mav 2 pro....and buy a zoom camera later. <-about $360 now.
DJI goggle is a must :)
Thank you.
My max budget is $1200, I’m selling a prized family antique to do this.
My thoughts are I can always buy the Hasselblad later. Who knows, Maybe by then there will be another better interchangeable camera. :)

The sensor system alone makes the M2 in either flavor a hit with me. Already had to replace my MPP after I backed it into a tree and it fell 50 ft. I nvever saw the branch. The new M2s are bristling with sensors in all directions.
And I have been watching the durability tests on yt, boy can the M2 take a hit. :)

Last edited:
My vote would go to the Mavic 2 pro because of the sensor and the truly amazing low light shots and videos you can take. I would really consider that but if you can get the camera at a later date and then you have the best of both worlds! Really was a terrible thing to read what happened and great to see your positive attitude and bounce back! You are going to adore the Mavic 2 that for sure. Best of luck dude.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada