DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones with Super Powers

PapaBob

Reactions
A construction company I fly for let a local SWAT unit use a building they were demolishing for active shooter drills. The SWAT CO let me launch and land from inside the tape and I was wearing a safety vest identifying me as a drone pilot. After an initial risk assessment flight of the building exterior a curious bystander (who had observed my flight and thought I was SWAT) wanted to see the video of the guys in the building doing room clearing drills. I could not get a decent shot through windows much less walls.

I did my best, in plain English, to explain resolution limitations on cameras and why drones (even equipped with thermal imaging) can’t see through walls.

A major problem in our society is the subconscious acquisition of “knowledge” from movies and TV where one does not have a real life point of reference. I am curious as to how many of you have had experience with folks thinking drones have “superpowers?”

Not yet. I did have a guy approach me on a jet ski, he wanted me to shoot him driving around. I ended up doing a 2 minute video which he paid for.

Reactions: Bobvt
Amateurs. Everyone knows that you can “zoom in” and magically any object in frame will be visible with perfect clarity once rendered by a computer.

Did the drone wear a safety vest?

Those bullets get stray at times.

So much for "the drone was spying on me through the windows".

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242