DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronetravel shows laws by country

It's a great idea, but the selection of countries represented is pretty thin outside of North America. If you were thinking of traveling anywhere in Europe other than Vatican City, for instance, you're out of luck. Same for Asia (Yemen only), Africa (Zimbabwe only), or South America (Venezuela only).

To be fair, a complete country guide would be a massive undertaking. Maybe this is a work in progress?

Reactions: DougAles
It's a great idea, but the selection of countries represented is pretty thin outside of North America. If you were thinking of traveling anywhere in Europe other than Vatican City, for instance, you're out of luck. Same for Asia (Yemen only), Africa (Zimbabwe only), or South America (Venezuela only).

To be fair, a complete country guide would be a massive undertaking. Maybe this is a work in progress?

I agree, it would be a major undertaking to create and then comes the work of keeping it current.

I'm in the process of researching a late 2017 to early 2018 travel destination and this site is helping me. Any destination I cant bring my Mavic Pro gets scratched.

For example, I had scratched off Belize, but with this list, I put them back on. Actually, if my gal was not so anti-Mexico, I think Cancun would be it.

Reactions: NewDroneFan
Belize is supposed to be quite beautiful. I know divers in particular love it. The closest I've been to it is Costa Rica, which is also wonderful.

Happy travels to you!

Europe limited to one 'country', Vatican, 0,44 sq.km (0.17 sq mi), population < 1000 !!!
Big joke unless, as NewDroneFan hinted, it's work in progress.

By the way I don't see how you could fly a drone over Vatican taking in account that :
1. most of the 'city' is of restricted or controlled access (and very well protected) - forget flying in the Vatican Garden, you can't even walk there but have to tour in a mini-bus or with a guided group
2. the parts that are 'freely' accessible to the public are a few narrow streets and mainly St. Peter's Square, generally crowded.

And by the way, if you fly out of the 0.17 sq mi boundaries you are in Rome!

Who's the next bold drone pilot that will bring us footage of St. Peter's Basilica and the Pope's Garden? Not me!

BTW here is a map of the 'country' !!!
Vatican City - Wikipedia

Good to read through, though obviously not flly comprehensive on other than air regulations.
I send them a message re possibly adding rules (or outright bans) on drones in all Australian Nations Parks, Conservation Parks, Reserves, and many state forests.
It's a shame because there are so many of these natural places you could fly and not be a danger, annoyance to other people or animals etc, and help promote these great parks we have.

Not very useful for us folks in New Zealand.
Hey guys, just stumbled on your useful post as I decided to undertake this mission about a month ago.. about to reach the 50 countries now but am gladly seeing that's completing quite well DroneTravel's work as I focused on European & South East Asia countries for the moment.

Drone laws world map (recreational & commercial use)
Drone_world_map_recreational_use.png

When it comes to NZ @MarcelKoks , this is my favorite (as I'm from there as well) & well here you go - hope this helps.
If you guys have some spare time, would love to receive your feedback or feel free to contribute directly by editing a post if signed up as a member..

Thanks heaps & looking to keep this one up for all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N