DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Droning in the Desert Mountains

Looks good! I'm still a new drone pilot, but I do have some experience with video production. There are a few really good tutorials on Youtube about getting "cinematic drone footage" I'd suggest looking at a couple of those for inspiration. I'm personally fond of "bird's eye view" shots with the lens looking straight down, then slowly panning up to be level with the horizon--especially as the drone is flying forward. Some of the quickshots are nice too :)

Reactions: E90RAW
Awesome! But why the quality is so low? Which software you're using for editing and which codec for exporting?

Reactions: E90RAW
Here is my first videos taken from my MA2 in the hills of southern Utah and Nevada and edited in FCPX. The MA2 performed great and I have to regrets about trading my M2Z in for it. Sure would love some feed back on how I did. Thanks

Gotta love the golf course in the middle of the desert.

Thanks, I used Final Cut Pro X but not too familiar with codec. I also sent it to the Apple compressor. I’ve heard the term used a lot but haven’t looked in too it much. Shame on me! I will look in to that today. I’m open to any suggestions any one has as I filmed these scenes in 4K and thought it would come out better than it did, my apologies.

Here is my first videos taken from my MA2 in the hills of southern Utah and Nevada and edited in FCPX. The MA2 performed great and I have to regrets about trading my M2Z in for it. Sure would love some feed back on how I did. Thanks

Nice video. I lived in Las Vegas for a few years and everything you shot looked very familiar! That part of the country definitely has a lot of diverse landscapes.

Looks good! I'm still a new drone pilot, but I do have some experience with video production. There are a few really good tutorials on Youtube about getting "cinematic drone footage" I'd suggest looking at a couple of those for inspiration. I'm personally fond of "bird's eye view" shots with the lens looking straight down, then slowly panning up to be level with the horizon--especially as the drone is flying forward. Some of the quickshots are nice too :)
I like the thought of the birds eye view and will definitely try that out. Thanks for your prospective and I'll check out that youtube on cinematic drone footage....cheers.

Reactions: Nonprophet
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake