DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 DRONTOPIA!!! A Surreal Desert Tower Adventure in The Fisher Towers, Moab UT

Karlewski

Reactions
This area has long been a favorite area of mine, I've climbed a tower there, road my bike up the ROUGH, "Top of the World Road," overlooking the towers and taken my family there on our first desert hike. Several visitors I spoke to there believe this place is better than the nearby "Parks," myself included. It is easy to see why. If you do go to fly there, be respectful, try to do so on off hours times like weekdays and off season periods. Be mindful where other guests are trying to enjoy their experience. I was glad to have my Mini 3 pro there being a very quiet drone as well. Avoid lingering in areas others are, that can be annoying. . . Personally, I invited others to join me, showing them the views from the RC and generally trying to be an ambassador for our hobby.
This is very near another video location I shot recently, The Mystery Towers, which were a slightly smaller towers but every bit as striking. The Mystery towers hike is a more rouged uncharted adventure though. This whole area is bordered on the south side by Onion creek Rd, an improved dirt road that can be driven by most cars with descent clearance during warm months and it is also AMAZING. . . Enjoy my friends!

Awesome video!

Yet another great video of an equally great location. I need to visit!!

This area has long been a favorite area of mine, I've climbed a tower there, road my bike up the ROUGH, "Top of the World Road," overlooking the towers and taken my family there on our first desert hike. Several visitors I spoke to there believe this place is better than the nearby "Parks," myself included. It is easy to see why. If you do go to fly there, be respectful, try to do so on off hours times like weekdays and off season periods. Be mindful where other guests are trying to enjoy their experience. I was glad to have my Mini 3 pro there being a very quiet drone as well. Avoid lingering in areas others are, that can be annoying. . . Personally, I invited others to join me, showing them the views from the RC and generally trying to be an ambassador for our hobby.
This is very near another video location I shot recently, The Mystery Towers, which were a slightly smaller towers but every bit as striking. The Mystery towers hike is a more rouged uncharted adventure though. This whole area is bordered on the south side by Onion creek Rd, an improved dirt road that can be driven by most cars with descent clearance during warm months and it is also AMAZING. . . Enjoy my friends!
Not only the stunning scenery. The awesome use of combined equipment, editing, Sound track. Incredible Special effects.
But mainly the privilege of seeing a REAL Professional at work.
Total entertainment.
Magnificent.

We've been to the Moab area once a long time ago (20+ years) and it was simply awesome.

Now that I've got the drone I may have an excuse to go back again. :)

Thanks for reminding me how much I loved it.

Thank-you all for coming along, this is easily my favorite place for posting these types of videos. I wish the general online public did not have so many anti-drone people in it. Out in the field, 19 out of 20 people, if not more, are so friendly and curious, we all have a good time as I share my flights real time allowing others to view my RC. We shoot selfies and I'll show them as much as I can. Off the iPhone too. Often they have good ideas. . . I do think as drones normalize they will be less of a hot topic.
Seem right now, to someone who has never seen one in person, it is more like a hostile UFO sighting, LOL. I hope it becomes something akin to seeing an airplane, not a second thought. . . The crazy thing is, these same people are enjoying Hollywood drone shots in just about every production out there and do not even realize they are beneficiaries of drones as well. . . I do think there are a few yahoos flying like wild men using a Screaming FPV drone in wild places and that really can be very annoying. . . .
You all here have been so generous with your compliments as well, I really appreciate it. It has been a great motivator for me. I really do hope some day I can be a professional, ie.actually get paid for my cinematography. If you guys have any ideas on how I could get a physical, outdoor job documenting, storytelling, or even advertising with drones & cameras I'd be very appreciative.

Best wishes Brothers!

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada