DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drop the controller, broke the right stick?

LucaB

Reactions
Hi there, I just drop my controller, it felt face down and now I have the right stick stuck and pressed down. I can't even move it left or right.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do..??
I'm able to fix it..?? :(

I also check on DJI store and I don't see the possibility of buying a spare controller.

7e678831f6a972a7af0db472e704eaa7.jpg

51463314bd86f5c9b7e16126f7d01522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: NOLA-J
That's not good, do you have DJI Care Refresh?
If not maybe you can open the controler up and see if you can fix it.

That's not good, do you have DJI Care Refresh?
If not maybe you can open the controler up and see if you can fix it.

Yes I have the refresh... but it's really a shame to use the refresh for the stick..
In this eventually do you know how long will it take? I live in Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If you look at the teardown video above you can see how the sticks are placed, i think your stick is caught up on one of those metal plates (at 9:26min.)

I agree with lees. At the state it is in now and based on how it is constructed inside, pulling slowly but firmly out on the stick while (gently) trying to free it may get you to gold.

I am pretty sure Refresh covers all parts, controller and aircraft. That said I would contact DJI support and you never know, they may fix it under warranty and not count towards refresh (maybe don't mention dropping it and just see what they say).

I would also look into purchasing a neck strap to connect to your controller to avoid dropping it in the future, there are several ways to do it and you can search YouTube and this forum for those ideas, I personally bought a neck strap on Amazon that has 2 connection points that I connect to each of the arms that hold the phone/tablet in the controller, I found that idea here on the forum somewhere.

I am pretty sure Refresh covers all parts, controller and aircraft. That said I would contact DJI support and you never know, they may fix it under warranty and not count towards refresh (maybe don't mention dropping it and just see what they say).

care-refresh-exclusions.jpg Just got my care refresh documentation through (Mavic due to arrive Monday), and it seems to exclude the controller.........

Extract of my DJI Refresh agreement:

1. Replacement Service
DJI promises to provide replacement products if damage occurs accidentally under normal use to a covered aircraft, gimbal camera, battery and propellers within the period of validity

View attachment 4673 Just got my care refresh documentation through (Mavic due to arrive Monday), and it seems to exclude the controller.........
Pointless waste of money then, just get insurance from your local insurance agent instead which I hear is cheaper and doesn't require you to pay an additional fee to replace it. Your insurance policy will not have the same exceptions. I have heard people say that State Farm is charging about $60/year for drone insurance, even covers you if you cause damage.

I knew there was a reason I use a neck strap (besides the huge Air2 on there :) ) Really though, I am always worried about dropping the controller when I have to one hand it to use touch controls on the screen, if I do drop it either the controller or the iPad is going to be damaged, hence the strap.

I would also look into purchasing a neck strap to connect to your controller to avoid dropping it in the future, there are several ways to do it and you can search YouTube and this forum for those ideas, I personally bought a neck strap on Amazon that has 2 connection points that I connect to each of the arms that hold the phone/tablet in the controller, I found that idea here on the forum somewhere.

Can you share which parts you ordered from amazon, interested in this setup. Thanks

Ghostrider215

Below is link to the neck strap I purchased, I am unable to take a pic of the setup right now since I am preparing to travel but I can get one in a week or so when I get back unless I find time to post a pic while I am traveling. It is pretty simple the neck strap comes with quick detach clips that have a small (but strong) string that you can tie around the controller arms, I leave those on (the quick connect tabs fit in the handles when folding) and just connect the neck strap when I am ready to fly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LEBV87M

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929