DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dropped frames

JanExx

Reactions
Hi,

we are using the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced with combined RGB and IR video. It happens quite often that there are frame drops, especially in the IR video, regardless of the SD Card performance class.

As we are using the video footage for image analysis, we need perfect sync between both videos (1 frame precision). Dropped frames make this impossible to achieve.
We are using several of these drones and the problem only occurs on a few of them. We are using the correct SD cards and the problem occurs even using internal storage.

Does somebody experience similar problems?

Cheers,
Jan

If it's happening on internal storage as well, it sounds like a camera problem. You may need to contact DJI.

What resolution, frame rate, and Codec are you trying to use? All of these impact how easily the video streams are for the drone to produce.

What resolution, frame rate, and Codec are you trying to use? All of these impact how easily the video streams are for the drone to produce.
The RBG Video is 4K Resolution, 29.97fps. But no dropped frames there. The IR video is standard 640×512, 29.97fps, and dropped frames there

What CODEC is the IR footage encoded with? You may need to reencode it into a more edit friendly codec for it to play smoothly.

Hello, I’m having the same issue, but I did notice a jitter in the gimbal of the visual file when the dropped frames occurred in the IR file. The codec on the M2EA is not changeable only 4K or 1080p, the problem doesn’t seem to affect still images. Haven’t tested it with internal memory yet and I have a super fast micro sd card coming to test.
Was there any resolution to your issue?
Mike

Hello, I’m having the same issue, but I did notice a jitter in the gimbal of the visual file when the dropped frames occurred in the IR file. The codec on the M2EA is not changeable only 4K or 1080p, the problem doesn’t seem to affect still images. Haven’t tested it with internal memory yet and I have a super fast micro sd card coming to test.
Was there any resolution to your issue?
Mike
I tested the Delkin 250mb write, seemed better but the dropped frames and the jitter seem to happen even when the drone isn't recording, I though that might be the video link but it records on the IR as dropped frames and on the RGB as a gimbal jitter.
I began testing an RTK unit, very flakey, took 300+ test launches to make a workable path. DJI tech wants to have the RTK and drone for examination.
During testing the Pilot app crashed dozens of times, the software on the drone crashed mid flight and cooked the Delkin card. When pushing the shutter Botton to take a still while recording video will crash the feed or the IR camera producing s green images, not a color selectable through the color palette, I flashed the firmware on the drone and the controller and it seemed to clear up that issue, but the jitter and dropped frames are still there.
Anybody solved this?
Mike

Its your FFC for the thermal camera. It's a type of thermal "calibration" that happens every minute or two and will cause your video to drop frames while recording. You can turn it off and the issue will go away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000