DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dual operators

Cobraman

Reactions
Hello there,

I am consolidering of buying a platinum and i was wondering if it support dual operators.
I would be the one flying and my girl for handling the camera and taking shots and so on.

Is it possible??

Hello there,

I am consolidering of buying a platinum and i was wondering if it support dual operators.
I would be the one flying and my girl for handling the camera and taking shots and so on.

Is it possible??
Yes, you will need two controllers (master and slave). They can both be bound to the Mavic allowing for exactly what you are thinking of.

Reactions: Former Member
With some serious limitations of course compared to an Inspire or similar becasue of the gimbal not being completely independent. All she can control is tilt and settings/shutter basically...

Reactions: Former Member
Ok, thats cool but with 2 controllers you mean 2 controllers or, 1 controller and 1 iPhone or two iPhones ?

All she can control is tilt and settings/shutter basically...

Bear what @Kilrah said in mind when you try it. If the primary controller is being used to maneuver the drone, the secondary can only tilt the gimbal and adjust shutter settings. The secondary will also be able to start and stop recording.

It's fun to try, I have done it teaching new pilots, and it works great. You can teach her to control the drone and record as well, all the while you remain the master controller, and a touch of either one of your sticks will override her input.

See page 39 of the owners manual.

Mavic Pro– Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User