DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dull, washed out video

tonyb

Reactions
My video is consistently washed out and dull. Yet, the mastershot videos are color vibrant and clear. I am shooting in 1080 and have videos in a vary of conditions such as bright sunlight, cloudy, etc and the results are always dull. Any suggestions?

My video is consistently washed out and dull. Yet, the mastershot videos are color vibrant and clear. I am shooting in 1080 and have videos in a vary of conditions such as bright sunlight, cloudy, etc and the results are always dull. Any suggestions?
Check that you don't have some exposure compensation dialled in and overexposing your images.

Reactions: tlswift58
The first thing I learned many years ago as I started with digital foto and film was, that you should always wait with reducing the quality untill the very last moment. Record in the highest quality you can, reducing size etc is never a problem, enhacing is.

Reactions: ninja_geezer

Check your video format settings. It sounds like you might have it set for Dlog. That's a flatter color profile that gives greater dynamic range, but it requires editing to bring out the colors.

that's not right the colours from the air 2 s are stunning way better than my air 2 .
i always shoot in at least 4k and sometimes 5.4 you can reduce this in post but at least you get all the details to start with.

The default colors are overwhelming, D-log looked so dull I was forced to do color grading in Adobe Premiere, but that's the point of D-log anyway, isn't it? :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7