DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb (don’t upgrade to the beta version of iOS 13)

Maviac

Reactions
I know, I know, this was stupid of me but I have been running public betas of the iOSs for at least the past 6 or 7 years. Never had a problem before, but do NOT load the beta if you’re using the Apple device for a DJI product. Usually any bugs are fairly minor but DJI Go4 has crashed several times, and the beta iOS 13 is far more processor intensive than 12 and I’ve had the phone shut down due to overheating a few times as well (beta 3 seems to have improved things somewhat). Not a huge deal as the RC still allowed me to fly it back, but still not a fun thing to happen. I also got a “mobile device CPU is fully loaded” warning repeatedly until I downgraded back to iOS 12.

Again, dumb of me to not think about this being an issue. Don’t be like me. (Although otherwise, iOS 13 has some really nice features.)

I know, I know, this was stupid of me but I have been running public betas of the iOSs for at least the past 6 or 7 years. Never had a problem before, but do NOT load the beta if you’re using the Apple device for a DJI product. Usually any bugs are fairly minor but DJI Go4 has crashed several times, and the beta iOS 13 is far more processor intensive than 12 and I’ve had the phone shut down due to overheating a few times as well (beta 3 seems to have improved things somewhat). Not a huge deal as the RC still allowed me to fly it back, but still not a fun thing to happen. I also got a “mobile device CPU is fully loaded” warning repeatedly until I downgraded back to iOS 12.

Again, dumb of me to not think about this being an issue. Don’t be like me. (Although otherwise, iOS 13 has some really nice features.)

I've got an iPad tablet that is devoted to my DJI drones (they were on sale at Costco for $279, great deal for an iPad that is fast enough to run Garage Band, hehe). I never update the existing IOS. There is no reason. Apple claims they due this to "protect the battery", but come on. If your phone/iPad was running slower as it got older, wouldn't you want upgrade to a newer, faster device? If it is working great as-is, why would I want "upgrade"? If there are no new features that I would use, I don't see any point in "upgrading". They should call it "downgrading". If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've got an iPad tablet that is devoted to my DJI drones (they were on sale at Costco for $279, great deal for an iPad that is fast enough to run Garage Band, hehe). I never update the existing IOS. There is no reason. Apple claims they due this to "protect the battery", but come on. If your phone/iPad was running slower as it got older, wouldn't you want upgrade to a newer, faster device? If it is working great as-is, why would I want "upgrade"? If there are no new features that I would use, I don't see any point in "upgrading". They should call it "downgrading". If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

iOS 13 definitely has some improved features and prior updates did improve performance, though the throttling issue you mention was pretty shady on Apple’s part. But generally, if your device can run the update it’s worth it. I’m a “gadget geek” but like keeping phones a long time and am using a 4-year-old phone right now (on its second battery). I’ll switch back to 13 when it’s final as it has some nice upgrades.

Security. Unless you never connect your iPad to the internet and even then you would need to disable the Bluetooth as well

Glad somebody got the reference!

I have SP references for DayZ m8.

Waiting for the 'Book Of Mormon' to come to Australia. Would enjoy seeing that.
But No, AU gets 'Harry Potter the Musical' instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580