DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dumb Osmo Pocket Question

Kmc0929

Reactions
So one of the main reasons I got rid of my Osmo Mobile 2 is that I didn’t want to rely on my phone as the camera. Sometimes I might not have it with me.

Is the Osmo Pocket reliant on a phone to work?

Reactions: mnis
NO, the DOP can be easily used without a smartphone. All necessary settings can be made directly on the DOP. And you can either transfer your recordings directly to your PC via USB, or you can remove the MicroSD card and insert it into a compatible CardReader. The DOP does not have its own memory for pictures and videos, so you need at least a MicroSD card. And before the first use, the DOP must be activated via the corresponding Mimo app. This app updates the DOP if firmware updates are available ...

Reactions: Cairnsimages
I've been using the OSMO Pocket since December, I haven't touched my OSMO Mobile 2 since. No regrets. I typically use it without my phone. I always have our tripod mount on it (Shameless Plug LOL) and the control wheel. If I need to use the Mimo App I prefer to use the wireless adapter as the USB-C and Lightning smartphone connectors are fairly fragile IMHO especially when you have a big phone.

Reactions: Dronage and mnis
So one of the main reasons I got rid of my Osmo Mobile 2 is that I didn’t want to rely on my phone as the camera. Sometimes I might not have it with me.

You would do yourself a favor to head over to the DJI Forum and read through the hundreds of posts there. You can also access the manual for the OP and the online specs. Within the forum there are a dozen videos on various functions of the device including which ones can be accessed w/o a phone. FWIW, I use my phone a lot, but NOT connected directly to the side port (too fragile for my liking) Instead I've connected to the bottom port with the USB-C to Lightening cable. I find that many of the settings are more obvious and easier to switch among when your recording in a changing light/motion environment.

Reactions: Dronage and mnis

Kmc: The other option, which I use, is the WifI adapter. The direct phone connection was too flaky for me so I got the adapter and THIS is the way to use the device. Works like a champ and you can use any display device with WifI.

Reactions: mnis
Kmc: The other option, which I use, is the WifI adapter. The direct phone connection was too flaky for me so I got the adapter and THIS is the way to use the device. Works like a champ and you can use any display device with WifI.
I've commented on another thread on how much I enjoy my OsmoPocket. I'm especially fond of using the pano modes. Here is an example of what it can do right out of the camera and stitched in the app.
I will then bring the individual frames into LightRoom for global adjustments and pano stitching and then work that output as I would with a traditional still image. I've been very happy with what I can produce.

Attachments

• JLT_OMP.jpg
    JLT_OMP.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: monchan and mnis
The swollen Mavic batteries were poorly maintained in most cases...What could it be about the building? Did the constructor have an untreated visual impairment? lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf