DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

During Landing Mavic suddenly jerked right and hit a wall. WHY?!

turtle

Reactions
Was flying my Mavic Pro today of which I have not had any problems until this flight whilst I was trying to land the mavic, by holding down the left stick...

Right before it was set to land it just started moving all the way to the right and I could not stop it before it hit a wall and damaged all four props and some scratches to the body... Not worried so much about the Mavic as I test flew it with new props and it was fine! Just curious as to why this happened out of nowhere and how I can prevent this in the future?!

Is there anyway to find this out without sending it in to DJI? Perhaps showing someone experienced the flight logs or recording of the incident?

Thank you so much!

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

When you descended between those tall buildings, the GPS signal was too weak for the Mavic to hold its position. Perhaps it was windy between those buildings and the wind pushed your Mavic into the wall.

Did it go into ATTI mode?
It almost sounds like you went into ATTI mode and had some objects on the floor to the left of the Mavic, so the Prop wash started to blow it to the right.

Rob

When you descended between those tall buildings, the GPS signal was too weak for the Mavic to hold its position. Perhaps it was windy between those buildings and the wind pushed your Mavic into the wall.

Definitely not the wind as there was little to no wind and it was noticeable how it was a sudden and fast jerk that only a motor could do.

Did it go into ATTI mode?
It almost sounds like you went into ATTI mode and had some objects on the floor to the left of the Mavic, so the Prop wash started to blow it to the right.

Rob

I don't recall it going into ATTI mode nor having any other warnings pop up.

it was noticeable how it was a sudden and fast jerk that only a motor could do.
This would be easy to see in the DAT flight log. If needed, you can find instructions for retrieving the DAT flight log here. Please upload it to dropbox.com and post a link back here.

That's not the correct DAT file.

It has the corresponding numbers within txt file... How do I find the correct DAT file?
Without looking at that .DAT I can guess that you obtained it from the tablet. The one you want is on the Mavic itself. Look here for instructions on retrieving the .DAT. That site also describes how to choose the right .DAT.

Without looking at that .DAT I can guess that you obtained it from the tablet. The one you want is on the Mavic itself. Look here for instructions on retrieving the .DAT. That site also describes how to choose the right .DAT.
That's not the correct DAT file.

There were several corresponding with the time frame so here they are:

Dropbox - DAT FILES

Thank you again!

There were several corresponding with the time frame so here they are:

Dropbox - DAT FILES

Thank you again!
The .DAT flights all occurred before the flight in the .txt you submitted to PhantomHelp.

The FLY021.DAT flight occurred at 2017-5-19 13:44:20.

The DJIFlightRecord_2017-05-19_[12-39-17].txt flight occurred at 2017/05/19 19:39:17.924

The correct .DAT will be after FLY021.DAT

The same thing happened to me. I have a backyard between 4 walls and I realized that when entering between the walls the own Mavic produces a current of wind those that make the landing is quite dangerous each time. I have decided not to land it in the backyard and use the terrace for clearance and landing.

The .DAT flights all occurred before the flight in the .txt you submitted to PhantomHelp.

The FLY021.DAT flight occurred at 2017-5-19 13:44:20.

The DJIFlightRecord_2017-05-19_[12-39-17].txt flight occurred at 2017/05/19 19:39:17.924

The correct .DAT will be after FLY021.DAT

With the link I previously sent I sent DAT files 19-26. None of those are the correct one?

With the link I previously sent I sent DAT files 19-26. None of those are the correct one?
Still trying to figure out how I missed this. Was FLY019.DAT in the Dropbox batch earlier? Anyway, FLY019 is the correct .DAT. It seems the described behavior was commanded.

Full negative throttle was applied with the Mavic at 0.5 meters causing FORCE_LANDING to be initiated. But, then at 967 secs at 0.3 meters and before the motors had stopped the full negative throttle was released
upload_2017-5-22_17-54-32.png
upload_2017-5-22_17-54-40.png
Full positive throttle was then applied .3 secs later and the FORCE_LANDING was cancelled. The Mavic began to rise and ran into the wall less than a second later.

How close was the wall to the landing site? It doesn't appear that the Mavic moved much laterally after the landing was cancelled and before impact. The gpsHealth had dropped to 3 and the numSats was 9. Possibly the gps location wasn't accurate and any lateral movement can't be determined.

Not sure how relevant GPS is in this case as wouldn't it have been using Visual Positioning to hold position?

Not sure how relevant GPS is in this case as wouldn't it have been using Visual Positioning to hold position?
That's a good point. I don't know if GPS would be relevant here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty