DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dutch riverscapes and other shenanigans

JoostGT3

Reactions
Fairly new to the world of drones, filming and editing. Therefore, I would like to use this thread to post my videos when they come out, and hoping for some constructive feedback.

Feel free to comment/like/subscribe!

My latest video is a quick montage of some shots I took at the medieval castle Loevestein, located on the banks of the river Maas in the Netherlands.

My earlier vids can be found here.

'

Wow that's amazing. So good it could be used professionally in a website or something. Really well done

Reactions: JoostGT3
Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciated!
Here's my latest clip of a visit to the windmills of world heritage site Kinderdijk in the Netherlands.
As I had heard that locals are getting VERY annoyed by people flying drones through the props of the windmills, hanging in front of the windows, etc, I kept a little bit of distance and didn't go for the close-up/POI shots that I would have preferred to take.
Anyway, without further ado:

Reactions: Clinton1
Today a short one, footage of Castle at the Merwede, the oldest castle ruins in the Netherlands:

Sometimes my Mavic doesn't seem to be as stable as I have come to expect... Not sure why that it.
Also, for the first time, I had problems with the mavic whilst flying it with the iPad... all of a sudden there was a disconnect in the app, scared the sh!ts out of me. No clue why it happened.

Later, when I was flying at high altitude over a river with lots of boats, it was telling me to adjust the antennas for better signal strength. The drone was about 400m away from me at the time, so it scared me a bit (again). 10 minutes later, livefeed froze, but I have a feeling this was because I was flying in the full sunlight and the iPad was getting very hot. Never really lost connection and it was controllable all the time.

Reactions: HerSens90
Latest litle movie is the result of an afternoon goofin' around on the beach.
Still find the editing frustratingly tedious, and not all that happy with the results... Any tips on Adobe Premiere Elements workflow?

Anyway, here's the movie:

Made this one a while ago already, but forgot to post it in this thread. It made me especially proud since this was the first time that I started with a piece of music in mind. Approached the musician and asked for his permission to use it, which he happily granted... The end result brings me back to that quiet summer evening of flying when I made the shots, of my best flying days.

As I now know, the previous post was my last movie with my beloved Mavic Pro... :oops:
... because I got the MAvic 2 Pro! :p Absolutely love this thing to bits!
Didn't get around to editing a movie yet, but here are some of my first more serious photography attempts, made at my hometown of Dordrecht:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun