DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dutch rookie from France

Campagnard

Reactions
Hi all, thanks for having me here.

Great forum, learned a lot already about the problems I'm running into and there will definitely be more questions and I hope to find the answers here...

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hi all, thanks for having me here. I'm a Dutch guy and a drone rookie living in France who ordered a P4Pro Obsidian last week in the Netherlands accidentally finding out two days after delivery drone legislation in France will be changed in 2018 to max 800 grs for drones used for recreation purposes (800+ grs expensive flying permit required) risking a fine or imprisonment for improper use etc. etc. etc. up to 75.000,- and one year jail... Not my kind of thing.
Never unboxed or even touched the Obsidian since a friend would bring it with him tomorrow! Grrr...

Had it returned to the shop by my son yesterday and exchanged for a Mavic Pro so this bird will arrive tomorrow evening, but now I run into problems running the Go 4 app caused by an 'old' iPad Mini 2 (it has iOS 9 but DJI says iOS 8 required) that won't accept the Go 4 app and my iPhone 5s which does accept the app but my eyes need a far more bigger screen.

Seems I have to get me a new iPad Mini 4 although I prefer an iPad 9.7" which is cheaper too. Wonder if this device will work too.

Great forum, learned a lot already about the problems I'm running into and there will definitely be more questions and I hope to find the answers here...
Howdy from Wyoming @Campagnard, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Campagnard
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

It seems like the less costly option for you as the Ipad Mini 2 is more than capable of running DJI GO4 and other 3rd party apps to control the Mavic Pro.
Unless you are really looking for an excuse to buy another device this is the path I would take.
You can even downgrade to 8.01 if you feel like that would be a better fit for you. Just google downgrade to iOs 8.01

Seems like an image mismatch for the device. Suggestion: Do some searches on the net for images that are specifically targeted for the device you are attempting to rollback.

Update:

Searched and determined that the orignal ipad Min version one aka 1432 is not listed as a supported device to run DJIGO 4 .

"iOS Version v2.7.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.7.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8,Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues."

Looks like you are out of luck on that first generation ipad mini 1. Now an Ipad Mini 2 WOULD run DJI GO 4 with a rollback if necessary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo