DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DxO PureRAW now has Mini 3 Pro support

Cymru

Reactions
Been waiting for this for a long time, PureRAW 2 as of today has a mini 3 pro profile.

That SHOULD sort out many of the noise, artefacts and other issues.

Will do a full test tomorrow but this could be great news.

My first use of it looks really good, nothing like cleaning up a lens that has a fixed aperture. Now the Mini 3 is a real powerhouse of a drone.

Been waiting for this for a long time, PureRAW 2 as of today has a mini 3 pro profile.

That SHOULD sort out many of the noise, artefacts and other issues.

Will do a full test tomorrow but this could be great news.
That's great, I use this on my Mac. Cheers for the update

Can you post some examples of before/after to show how well this works?

I've been using Topaz Labs Denoise for Mac and it works wonders.
DxO is nothing like denoise.
Its proper lens optical corrections, correct removal of optical artefacts and far better rendering of the raw data.
Denoise is a small part of it not the main reason.
DxO excels at lens/camera optimisations.

Its proper lens optical corrections, correct removal of optical artefacts and far better rendering of the raw data.
And sadly won't work on my (oldish) computer. :(

Grumble. I've been saving for a new camera. New computer isn't in the budget.

Agreed 100%, it allows me to greatly enlarge top shelf images where I have lived up to my end of the bargain as a good craftsman. I think what DXO has done to my Mini 3's camera is possibly the most improvement I have seen it have over any of my drones, it's remarkable.

Here is a shot from today for a magazine article on high tech greenhouses...

Greenaerial.jpg

Reactions: ClaudioNC
I'd be keen to see a comparison of a raw file thats been processed with and without DxO in the workstream. Anyone with it able to select a raw file and process it into 2 versions?

Done a little testing - it definitely helps especially the soft 48mp images.

The sharpening is too much so probably best to disable that.

One thing is doesnt seem to help with are the fairly horrible colour shifts on the 48mp caused by the bayer algorithm.
Fences and bright high contrast areas still tend towards purple.
1663365219150.png

All in all im impressed - it certainly helps. It might make the 48mp usable in some cases now (colour shifts aside). Not yet sure if its helped with the complex distortion or not.
It has two different profiles - 12mp is recognised as "mini 3 pro with zoom lens" and 48mp "mini 3 pro with wide angle lens" so its not trying to force both modes into one.
There is a colour shift vs the embedded profile so i'll need to make a new post-DxO profile with my colour checker to restore that.
Ill do more playing with the algorithms etc in the next few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClaudioNC
Definitely appreciate the info!! I will be giving this program a try!!

@Nickyb65 I'm officially sold. Just downloaded DxO PureRAW 2 and I'm seriously blown away. Denoise from Topaz Labs can't even compare. You got me now wanting to run over all my RAW files from the past year. Thank you Guys!!
DJI_0172-DNG_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

Reactions: Nickyb65
@Nickyb65 I'm officially sold. Just downloaded DxO PureRAW 2 and I'm seriously blown away. Denoise from Topaz Labs can't even compare. You got me now wanting to run over all my RAW files from the past year. Thank you Guys!!
View attachment 154880
Fantastic image, well done. Yes, been using PureRaw for my stills photography for about a year now and in has recovered especially high ISO images of around 1600 and made them look more like ISO 200

Worth noting a downside with this is its quite slow and produced *huge* files so its not something to run by default on every single image.
Do a brutal cull and selection then run it only on your best keepers.

Reactions: Dronecation
Worth noting a downside with this is its quite slow and produced *huge* files so its not something to run by default on every single image.
Do a brutal cull and selection then run it only on your best keepers.

It does help to have some serious multi core processing power like what you find in a professional video production workstation.

For comparison, could you post the version produced with Topaz Denoise? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54