DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic balance propellers

mario54

Reactions
I would like to know from some of you, if there is an alternative method to the usual static balancing of the propellers, whose usefulness is that of less vibrations, longer life of the motor-bearings, etc.

I also have Mavic 2 Pro, I just wanted to know if there was a tool to minimize vibrations.The law of physics tells us that any object that turns, produces vibrations (even if we do not notice it) but the bearings of the I don't know if you have ever had car wheels not perfectly balanced, which produce those strange vibrations on the steering wheel?

I also have Mavic 2 Pro, I just wanted to know if there was a tool to minimize vibrations.The law of physics tells us that any object that turns, produces vibrations (even if we do not notice it) but the bearings of the I don't know if you have ever had car wheels not perfectly balanced, which produce those strange vibrations on the steering wheel?
DJI do a pretty good job of supplying props that don't need balancing.
Are you dealing with an actual problem or anticipating one that doesn't exist?

I usually don't trust mass production very much, although DJI works well, in fact I have noticed that some original propellers statically balanced with this tool (see attached photo) need to be balanced.

Attachments

• SKU134405-1.JPG
    SKU134405-1.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
Never had a problem with DJI propellers. They are very light and less prone to noticeable vibration than rigid/heavier blades used on model aircraft.

Those who bought third party MAS propellers certainly did have problems recently.

With the type of balancer you showed you would have little chance of accurately balancing DJI folding propellers.

In addition to the balancer, I also use this self-built tool that I had seen on youtube, which is used to make the propellers of the mavic 2 pro perfectly aligned; then what must I say, I think it is not wrong to perfect things and everyone is free to do what he wants |

Attachments

• photo1.jpeg
    photo1.jpeg
    494.9 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2.jpeg
    photo2.jpeg
    456.9 KB · Views: 26
However, this is the site where there is the tool for those who want perfection.

Been using a Vortex for years. How it works
But I’m flying large 30” X8’s and similar for work. Wouldn’t bother with my mavic air2, seem pretty smooth already. That static balancer in the first photo would probably my your balance worse lol.

You said well Srbell, it seems ..... however I the propellers that the balancer indicated to me unbalanced, I balanced them and everything works perfectly, certainly with sophisticated electronic equipment it would have been better.

I've posted here before on static balancing of the propellers on my M2P. Balance indeed can be improved, though the DJI props are marginally better than MAS. When the props are new, a jig such as this will put them at 180 out from each other and with care they will stay that way during balancing on a DuBro (used for model airplane props etc. BTW, I do have a dynamic balancer for full size airplane props, but it is hardly suitable for our small props.

y2TCywD.png

To check for vibration, one easy way is to remove all but one prop. Place drone on a flat surface with only the leg with the prop extending off the edge. Hold that motor from below and start motors. Do that for each prop/motor combination.

Reactions: usageUK
Thanks bumper, great idea to control the vibrations by mounting only one propeller at a time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54