DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic drone & gimbal control for better video

Ian in London

Reactions
Hello all
Whilst the Mavic 2 now has trackable POI, the Mavic Pro doesn't, which makes POI for very large views difficult. I've been seeing more and more drone videos where the operator is just flying in a straight line or with jerky turns, but it's pretty easy to adjust the direction and rotate the drone or adjust the gimbal at the same time, which gives way more interesting and dynamic video.
So, using some pretty nice footage from my recent trip to Positano and the Amalfi Coast in Italy, I go through the basics of dynamic flying and gimbal control to more interesting video. As ever, hope it helps....

Cheers
Ian

Nice and usefull video as usual...just one point..Can you speak a little bit slowly for non native english viewers?..;)
Apologies! I got told I was speaking too slowly in one video and had a lot to say in this one! Will remember to keep things clear and a bit slower Thumbswayup
cheers
Ian

Hello all
Whilst the Mavic 2 now has trackable POI, the Mavic Pro doesn't, which makes POI for very large views difficult. I've been seeing more and more drone videos where the operator is just flying in a straight line or with jerky turns, but it's pretty easy to adjust the direction and rotate the drone or adjust the gimbal at the same time, which gives way more interesting and dynamic video.

Cheers
Ian
Thanks for sharing I am very new to drone and video. Very interesting and beautiful footage.

Great information! Love the West Highland White Terrier in the background, wonderful little dogs.
Ted makes editing all the more fun...... (check out 6:20 - 6: 28 on the video!) :D

Hello all
So, using some pretty nice footage from my recent trip to Positano and the Amalfi Coast in Italy, I go through the basics of dynamic flying and gimbal control to more interesting video. As ever, hope it helps....

Cheers
Ian

Thanks for the video Wellsi!

Reactions: Ian in London

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000