DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic home point in active track

Fire Fox

Reactions
I have used active track a few times but only on a person. However I noticed that the manual says "if the tracking subject is a person the aircraft will automatically set the current position as the new home point when the aircraft is 15M father than the previous home point while tracking." I know that this does happen and it works fine. However I have never tracked anything other than a person. From what the user manual says, it seems to imply that the aircraft will not update dynamic home point if the tracking subject is a vehicle or an animal. Has anyone tried it and noticed that the dynamic home point wont update while tracking your car or something else? I would imagine it could be a problem if you were tracking your boat and were under the impression that the Dynamic Home point is resetting each time to your boat so that you could land it on your boat but instead when RTH kicks in and the thing flies off back to the point of take off which may have been on land hopefully you realize what it is doing before the battery runs too low and fly it manually back to your location.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I have used active track a few times but only on a person. However I noticed that the manual says "if the tracking subject is a person the aircraft will automatically set the current position as the new home point when the aircraft is 15M father than the previous home point while tracking." I know that this does happen and it works fine. However I have never tracked anything other than a person. From what the user manual says, it seems to imply that the aircraft will not update dynamic home point if the tracking subject is a vehicle or an animal. Has anyone tried it and noticed that the dynamic home point wont update while tracking your car or something else? I would imagine it could be a problem if you were tracking your boat and were under the impression that the Dynamic Home point is resetting each time to your boat so that you could land it on your boat but instead when RTH kicks in and the thing flies off back to the point of take off which may have been on land hopefully you realize what it is doing before the battery runs too low and fly it manually back to your location.
Interesting point. I look forward to a definitive reply as I fly from a yacht from time to time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54