DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic Home Point Question

Dopper

Reactions
I have only had my Pro Platinum for 6 weeks so I am still learning the different modes and how they work. My question is in the dynamic RTH options. Whenever I try to use the RC as the home point I get an error message saying that the GPS signal on my device is too weak. I get that when and wherever I fly. I have an I-Phone 7 and am thinking that perhaps it is imcompatible with that mode. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have only had my Pro Platinum for 6 weeks so I am still learning the different modes and how they work. My question is in the dynamic RTH options. Whenever I try to use the RC as the home point I get an error message saying that the WiFi signal on my device is too weak. I get that when and wherever I fly. I have an I-Phone 7 and am thinking that perhaps it is imcompatible with that mode. Any thoughts?
Wifi signal? .. Perhaps you mean GPS?
There's a problem with Apple devices that prevents resetting the ome point to the current location of the controller.
It brings up the Weak (that means no) GPS Signal message even when the phone or tablet has good GPS signal.

Yes, you are correct, I mean't GPS. Thank you for correcting me!
Is there anyway around this issue or am I just SOL?

Yes, you are correct, I mean't GPS. Thank you for correcting me!
Is there anyway around this issue or am I just SOL?

Wifi signal? .. Perhaps you mean GPS?
There's a problem with Apple devices that prevents resetting the ome point to the current location of the controller.
It brings up the Weak (that means no) GPS Signal message even when the phone or tablet has good GPS signal.

ome point? .. Perhaps you mean home point?

I have the same problem, look forward to a an answer :)
This might work, as it is an external BT GPS device.
Perhaps @Meta4 can shed some light on whether it is a viable workaround.

This might work, as it is an external BT GPS device.
Perhaps @Meta4 can shed some light on whether it is a viable workaround.
It might .. or it might not since the app isn't accepting the GPS signal that the iPhane/iPad already has.
I run in an Apple-free environment so I don't have a way to test and find out.

It might .. or it might not since the app isn't accepting the GPS signal that the iPhone/iPad already has.
I run in an Apple-free environment so I don't have a way to test and find out.
Thanks for the reply.
At $349, It's also an expensive piece of kit! ;)
Sounds like it's a GO 4 issue, rather than an Apple issue, in which case external GPS probably wouldn't help. I prefer your easy reset to the aircraft location, as you fly away, if you plan to move from your launch point to somewhere else nearby for the landing. Just fly the aircraft to where you plan to land, reset, and then fly off.

Sounds like it's a GO 4 issue, rather than an Apple issue, in which case external GPS probably wouldn't help.
It's a mystery but doesn't seem to affect Android users.
It only started happening earlier this year, I'm not sure what changed .. whether it was something in iOS or the DJI app.

It's a mystery but doesn't seem to affect Android users.
It only started happening earlier this year, I'm not sure what changed .. whether it was something in iOS or the DJI app.
Android for the win, in this case!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom