DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Eagle attack on FPV had it been any other dji drone it would have been history

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Just diving down and up this gorge at 100kl/h and two Wedge Tail Eagles decided to attack my DJI FPV drone. If you do not want to wait:
1st attack 1.57 Minor.
2nd 2.39 Major.
3rd 3.21 Averted.
Cape Range National Park. Charles Knife Road, Exmouth. Western Australia. Had this been any other DJI drone it would have been history. Because the FPV is so loud and powerful and rapid prop motors, it lives.

Last edited:
I think I would have high tailed it out of there after the first attack :)

Is there any way they might not have come in contact with the propellers? Those must have smarted a bit. They would cause pretty good lacerations if a human got in the way of them.

Great captures, but yeah I would’ve made my priority getting above them fast and back to home point at the earliest possible awareness of their presence.
There are tough birds, ‘leather and feathers’ they have is heavy duty.
Looked like the larger female was the most aggressive, quite possible just a territorial response, with both birds just thinking your FPV was some sort of intruding raptor they needed to chase off.

another great Birds Eye view
oooooo I now have a hankering for their Cod Balls or their Cod in Batter with new peas and new spuds (with mint} straight from the garden, that my mum used to do.
That was before the EU did away with all the spuds that had eyes and tasted good.
Salivating.

I hope the birds were ok.
I got 'the heck out of the area' when a buzzard made a single pass at a Phantom 3, I wouldn't have hung around for a second pass or a third.
I am not totally sure why but I did not feel the drone was in any mortal threat. I averted the last one in the hope they would keep at it. Had it been a mavic mini or MA2S I may have taken an escape route.

Reactions: Paul B and a2tomm
Outstanding Video ,My Air 2s was attached by a pair of red tailed hawks ,the first hit was not bad I thought and when they came back I punched it straight up and it is true birds can't go straight up .I learned later part of my Master Airscrew prop was missing .but all is well

Reactions: John Gowland
Just diving down and up this gorge at 100kl/h and two Wedge Tail Eagles decided to attack my DJI FPV drone. If you do not want to wait:
1st attack 1.57 Minor.
2nd 2.39 Major.
3rd 3.21 Averted.
Cape Range National Park. Charles Knife Road, Exmouth. Western Australia. Had this been any other DJI drone it would have been history. Because the FPV is so loud and powerful and rapid prop motors, it lives.
OUTSTANDING CLIP my friend

One of the best “bird encounter” videos I have seen! Thanks for sharing!!

I am not totally sure why but I did not feel the drone was in any mortal threat. I averted the last one in the hope they would keep at it. Had it been a mavic mini or MA2S I may have taken an escape route.
It would always be best to avoid anything actual encounter. Birds, as tough as they may seem are delicate with hollow bones. Since they don't have a dr on hand any cut is, for them, potentially fatal if it gets infected just as it was for humans in the past.

My FPV crashed into another FPV. Mine left red scuff marks on the other's legs and my propellers were damaged but neither fell out of the sky. Tough birds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121