DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EASA CE-Marking - Please explain the reason WHY!

Yaros

Reactions
I have been flying drones since December 2020, no issues with regulations except some minor annoyances in Spain.
Now I understand that we are getting closer to 2023, and I start to think about the CE-Marking that EASA enforces... in my opinion (that might, and probably will be different to yours) it is kind of stupid to do such a thing. Really... People have been flying drones for years now no problems, this classification will not solve any issues, at least the ones I'm aware of. People in the US are flying under FAA regulations without issues, and here in Europe it is too restrictive when it comes to drones, I just don't comprehend this.

I bought a Mavic Air 2 half year ago, and I like it, I don't expect to change the drone in 2023, will I be forced to, at least to remain legal? I just don't want to because the drones are getting more expensive every time. To the point I'm really considering flying illegally rather than spending money on a new drone. Who would check my drone for the C-mark anyway 😅

What's your point of view of this situation?

@Yaros firstly it has nothing to do with CE markings everything has one of those to show that it has been tested and is up to the task it is to be used for
the marking you are referring to is a C classification for the different weights of drones flying in the open category which is coming into force in 2023,the drones will carry a C marking and if flying in the A2 class of the open category then the pilot will have to have passed a A2 C of C exam to be able to fly them ,the drone will have a special low speed mode which will allow it to fly a lot closer to uninvolved people than now ,this mode will have to be engaged by a control on the RC ,and when in that mode the flight envelope will be restricted ,by speed and distance
it is primarily intended for close up flying

I have been flying drones since December 2020, no issues with regulations except some minor annoyances in Spain.
Now I understand that we are getting closer to 2023, and I start to think about the CE-Marking that EASA enforces... in my opinion (that might, and probably will be different to yours) it is kind of stupid to do such a thing. Really... People have been flying drones for years now no problems, this classification will not solve any issues, at least the ones I'm aware of. People in the US are flying under FAA regulations without issues, and here in Europe it is too restrictive when it comes to drones, I just don't comprehend this.

I bought a Mavic Air 2 half year ago, and I like it, I don't expect to change the drone in 2023, will I be forced to, at least to remain legal? I just don't want to because the drones are getting more expensive every time. To the point I'm really considering flying illegally rather than spending money on a new drone. Who would check my drone for the C-mark anyway 😅

What's your point of view of this situation?

Is it for all drones or just those above a certain weight? I'm in Italy and fly a Mini 2 just for its weight under 250 grams, and I'd like to be able to fly it as I do now :(

Is it for all drones or just those above a certain weight? I'm in Italy and fly a Mini 2 just for its weight under 250 grams, and I'd like to be able to fly it as I do now :(
Please.correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall any changes for the mini 2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3