DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Easiest DJI drone to fly?

It doesn't vary a lot.

Later models with obstacle avoidance are harder to crash but not foolproof.

Maybe that should be the question- which is hardest to crash?

The reality is the skill level to fly is very low given the GPS hold and stability. Its how you handle things when the automation fails or you have an unexpected scenario (GPS loss, compass issue, wind etc) that is important. Nothing really difficult but considerable time investment in understanding how the drones operate and what the app settings control is necessary.

Read The manual is a GIVEN.

Great example: one of the more important notes refers to what's involved with the 'RTH' Button (Return to Home).

When things go bad - they will - there's a tendency to panic, and hit the little button.

BUT... you need to know on many models it immediately takes you straight up 60' or higher, then beelines the Bird straight back to take off point. (The height is intended to fly over trees, etc at lower levels.)

Problem being what's in the way, going up, OR coming back down. Gotta plan for that.

We fly a MAVIC AIR, btw.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Reactions: mereflyer
I'm no expert (yet) but I was thinking that between the Ocusync 2.0 and the side and top sensors.. plus the digital readout readily visible on the controller... that the Mavic 2 Pro might qualify as 'easiest'.

What is the easiest DJI drone to fly?
They are all easy to fly.
Easier than you imagine.
It takes about 5 minutes to learn - to fly but a lot of practice and experience to become proficient.
Don't let the simplicity make you get too adventurous too early.
There are many things that can go wrong and you need to understand what they are and how to make sure they don't happen to you.

But for learning, the critical thing is to practise in a large clear open area, well away from trees and buildings.
Flying close to obstacles is by far, the largest killer of Mavics.
Obstacles are the number one enemy of quadcopters.

What is the easiest DJI drone to fly?
The hardest DJI drone to fly is the first one you fly. And after you figure out how to fly it, the next DJI drone will be just as easy to fly since the controls are nearly identical for all of their drones.

I'm no expert (yet) but I was thinking that between the Ocusync 2.0 and the side and top sensors.. plus the digital readout readily visible on the controller... that the Mavic 2 Pro might qualify as 'easiest'.
I agree the connectivity is the easiest and best

You can get started with any Mavic. But practice will do the rest!

Reactions: WAXMAN
i agree with all the above posts, but the most important thing to consider is not how easy they are to fly but how easy they are to crash.what i mean by that is you need, (as others have stated) to learn how the drone works, and the very fact that you can get air born very easily can be their downfall,there is a lot to the hobby to be aware of but if you are up to the challenge then there is a lot of pleasure to be had as well good luck

Reactions: Jet skier
For extra ease of operation, I also like the Mavic 2 Pro option of two people using two separate controllers: 1. pilot, 2. camera operator.

Oh... and the extra battery life hopefully means you have a little more time to get yourself out of trouble or return to home against a sudden headwind.

I agree with everything said so far but I think the Mavic 2 is the easiest to fly as far as connectivity and least amount of glitches. There's no substitute for reading up and practicing. :cool:

For extra ease of operation, I also like the Mavic 2 Pro option of two people using two separate controllers: 1. pilot, 2. camera operator.

Oh... and the extra battery life hopefully means you have a little more time to get yourself out of trouble or return to home against a sudden headwind.
Only if you accounted for the headwind.
I'm not getting much more flight time out of my M2 than my P3. Even so, if you wait for low battery RTH in either one, you don't get much more wiggle room from the M2. Actually, I think you get a bit less.

One problem with automated safety is getting too complacent. We'll probably soon be seeing too much reliance on safety automation such as auto brakes and lane tracking in cars.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929