DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Easiest way to upload my 4K Air video to You Tube

YoMoma

Reactions
Ok, I'm new to the Mavic series. Only have 12 flights on a real drone.
I`m wanting to upload my 4K video`s to my You Tube channel. Now I have yet to get into editing my videos which I will look into soon, but for now just want to upload to YouTube in 4K.
I have been able to take 4K video on my iPhone 10 from local concerts and uploaded that to YT in 4K but had to run it through an Apple app first. iMovie. Then I was able to upload in 4K. But I`m having trouble downloading the H.264 files off my drone to my phone or Ipad. Says it will only download JPEG or H.264 files. But that's what file format my recordings are. So I cant get them to my devices and are only religated to uploading them from my Windows PC.
I`ve already uploaded one to YT and nowhere was there an option of what resolution I want to put it to on TB. It automatically made it into a 1080P video.
OK, just looked at file properties of my video on my PC. I see my drone files are MP4 files. OK, this clouds things up for me even more.
What am I doing wrong?

I process my vids vi iMove and then share it.... all results in 4K... check your YouTube settings.

I process my vids vi iMove and then share it.... all results in 4K... check your YouTube settings.
Is this through your iPhone or iPad? I cant get my H.264 videos to download to my IDevices. I have all of my videos on my windows PC but cant use iMovie on Windows.

Ok, I'm new to the Mavic series. Only have 12 flights on a real drone.
I`m wanting to upload my 4K video`s to my You Tube channel. Now I have yet to get into editing my videos which I will look into soon, but for now just want to upload to YouTube in 4K.
I have been able to take 4K video on my iPhone 10 from local concerts and uploaded that to YT in 4K but had to run it through an Apple app first. iMovie. Then I was able to upload in 4K. But I`m having trouble downloading the H.264 files off my drone to my phone or Ipad. Says it will only download JPEG or H.264 files. But that's what file format my recordings are. So I cant get them to my devices and are only religated to uploading them from my Windows PC.
I`ve already uploaded one to YT and nowhere was there an option of what resolution I want to put it to on TB. It automatically made it into a 1080P video.
OK, just looked at file properties of my video on my PC. I see my drone files are MP4 files. OK, this clouds things up for me even more.
What am I doing wrong?
If you upload a 4K video from your computer to YouTube it will save it as 4k. YouTube makes all resolutions of every video up to the full resolution of the video.

You cannot watch a video in 4k from an iOS device. They don’t support VP9 which is what YouTube uses for 4k videos.

MP4 is just a container and this doesn’t matter for anything YouTube converts it to a different format anyway.

Best to upload from a computer iOS will try to compress yourvideo before uploading it and then YouTube will compress again.

I always use MOV. format for ISO devices. Seems to work better on my MAC.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27