DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Edinburgh Castle Scotland

I've been there a few times when I lived in England. Never would have thought they would let you fly so close to the castle. Very nice.......and good memories

I've been there a few times when I lived in England. Never would have thought they would let you fly so close to the castle. Very nice.......and good memories
Castle used to be a dji no fly as the castle had a jail. But its no longer restricted. And the day I flew the castle was shut hence why cars are parked on the Esplanade .it is high lighted area for low flying aircraft .

Good Video - Great Music!! Made me feel like I should salute or something!!

Reactions: jaybee2786
Scotch Whisky? Only a dram? That'll be a good start!! ?

Reactions: jaybee2786
I have a Mini and will be in Edinburgh next week as part of a 12 day trip around the Highlands. I have already got both my UK fly & operator IDs and I am planning to take aerial pics of landscapes and historical site. One of them being Edinburgh Castle, could I TAOL from either the Esplanade or Princess Street Gardens?

As I understand it, one is managed by Historic Scotland and the other by Edinburgh´s City Council, so would two different rules of use apply? I have seen here quite a few issues with TAOL from HS´s land…

Also, The Management Rules for Public Parks and Green space Item 8 advises that “The following acts are prohibited: 8.2 Operating any motorised or mechanically propelled toy or model vehicle, aircraft or boat so as to disturb wildlife, endanger or give annoyance to other people or if asked by a Council Official not to do so. If person/persons are found to be using an unauthorised drone or model aircraft on or from CEC land without permission they will be requested to stop immediately. If the user refuses to stop, Police Scotland will be called to attend to cease activity and remove the user from CEC land. " so basically if there is no one around it is ok and if any CO asks me to stop should just RTH and land?

Ps: Jaybee, not sure which forum would you be reading first so I have posted same question on Grey Arrows, feel free to reply in any :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato