DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

editing in premiere looks terrible

buknaked

Reactions
heyo. new here. been doing videography for a while but only 1080. Every time I seem to import some 4k footage into premiere pro, it compresses it and makes it very blurry and unusable. how do you guys correctly edit your 4k drone footage in premiere? I get you need to downsize it when exporting, though I do this and it still looks terrible. I'm also more savvy with final so maybe i'm creating my file wrong.

thanks.

PP compresses it to make it editable. These are proxy files that you can change the resolution on. If your pc isn't geared for 4K, PP makes proxy files but you may need to change proxy to 1080 for editing, once you edit it, it will render it back to 4K.

Plenty of info how to use, here's 1 example.

Reactions: cyclopic
PP compresses it to make it editable. These are proxy files that you can change the resolution on. If your pc isn't geared for 4K, PP makes proxy files but you may need to change proxy to 1080 for editing, once you edit it, it will render it back to 4K.

Plenty of info how to use, here's 1 example.

It doesn't use proxies by default though - you need to decide to do a proxy workflow.

OP - premiere renders 4k amazingly - I usually edit it native in the editor as it handles it really well on my medium spec computer.

Couple of things come to mind.... what kind of timeline are you using? Make sure the timeline is appropriate for your 4k files (right aspect ratio etc). As a trial - make a new project. Copy a mavic file into the project window, and then place that on an empty timeline - then it will match all the settings - how does that look?

The other thing is to check your editing window and see what res you are playing back on. If it is on full res it should look fine - half or quarter res will render quicker - but may look quite jaggy and pixelated. Check the little drop down box at the bottom of your editing window.

Reactions: Kilrah
It sounds like the rendering settings need checking through, the preset options often aren't the best especially if you are using an older version when 4K was hardly a thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61