DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing on my Iphone

platty

Reactions
i am very new to this so please bare with me.
so .. I have my sd card in my mini, have filmed my flight and now watchang it on my phone whilst still connected in the controller. Can I download an editing App on my phone and do it all there instead of on a computer?

so .. I have my sd card in my mini, have filmed my flight and now watchang it on my phone whilst still connected in the controller. Can I download an editing App on my phone and do it all there instead of on a computer?
I mean, you could, but personally, I'd think it'd be quite tedious. It's fairly easy on an iPad because of the screen size. However, I'd assume (unless you have a very large phone) that it'd be difficult on a phone. I don't know of any that I'm 100% positive will work with a phone but I'm pretty sure searching for "editing apps" on your AppStore or GooglePlay store should bring up a couple of promising results. hope that helps!

Sometimes I use the dji fly app video editor, or the iMovie app on my phone. Or a combination of the two.
You should definitely try out the dji fly app video editor just to get a feel for it!
I’m looking forward to seeing your first video!!

@dozzn got to it just before me, but the DJI Fly App is only going to edit the phone's copy of the video which is a lower resolution than the 2.7K that's on the Mini's SD Card. If you want to edit the high-resolution video on the SD card, you'd need to use a computer and software capable of handling the higher resolution.

Reactions: BSauce955 and dozzn
I mean, you could, but personally, I'd think it'd be quite tedious. It's fairly easy on an iPad because of the screen size. However, I'd assume (unless you have a very large phone) that it'd be difficult on a phone. I don't know of any that I'm 100% positive will work with a phone but I'm pretty sure searching for "editing apps" on your AppStore or GooglePlay store should bring up a couple of promising results. hope that helps!
Thanks for that. My controller has provisions for my phone but I would love to have my IPad on the controller instead of the phone.

Reactions: BSauce955
Sometimes I use the dji fly app video editor, or the iMovie app on my phone. Or a combination of the two.
You should definitely try out the dji fly app video editor just to get a feel for it!
I’m looking forward to seeing your first video!!
Thanks for that … I will check that out

@dozzn got to it just before me, but the DJI Fly App is only going to edit the phone's copy of the video which is a lower resolution than the 2.7K that's on the Mini's SD Card. If you want to edit the high-resolution video on the SD card, you'd need to use a computer and software capable of handling the higher resolution.
Ok .. that makes sense. I suppose I was being lazy. My computer has been packed away and it will be some time before I can get it up and running again so I was looking at options.

Do you have to have the AC and RC on and plugged into your phone/tablet to use the DJI editor?

Reactions: Prop Wash
To edit your footage on iPhone or even better iPad, iMovie is probably your best best. You can easily purchase a lightning port adapter for the microSD card that will allow you to import the raw footage from the drone into iMovie. Once there you can use the canned themes or customize your project from scratch.

Chris

Do you have to have the AC and RC on and plugged into your phone/tablet to use the DJI editor?
No, you can turn both off and just have the app open on the phone.

Reactions: diesel97

Very true, the best quality that can be exported from the dji fly app video editor will be 1080p. It’s still fun to play around with and very convenient since it’s on the phone. It’s certainly great for beginners. I do recommend iMovie if you have it.

Thanks all for your input. I am on a learning curve. I didn’t know about the lightening sd card adapter for the Ipad. I will get one … download iMovie and play around. When I get my computer up and running I will get stuck into that for a better quality finish.
Thanks again everyone. This forum rocks for having so many clued up people ready to part with their knowledge.

Reactions: Prop Wash and dozzn
$30ish for a sdcard reader and about $30 for LumaFusion video editing software. I personally am more ipad vs iPhone oriented but both work. Plus LumaFusion will work with dlog format and can support the direct DJI luts or others as well. I am really happy to not be editing on the same PC i use as my work from home computer for my job as i spend enough time on that PC as it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada