DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing Software/Apps

Planet_Earth

Reactions
Not sure if this is the best place to place this.

I've been taking and making a lot of video and time lapse lately and am looking for a good editor to edit them.

I'de something more portable like Filmmaker Pro for the iOS, but I use Android.

Earlier I downloaded DaVinci Resolve, but I think that suite is too much for what I am after (and my computer is a bit dated).

What do you all use? Any suggestions? Ideas?

You can find a list of commonly used editing apps here. Check out the videos on YouTube if you need help with the app you decide to use.

All depends what type of video you are editing and how involved you want to be with colour grading and the like.

I think it is pretty save to say editing 4K on a Phone/Ipad/Tablet would be impossible.

I edit 4K on a pretty beefed up PC (I can post specs if requested) and use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16.

All depends what type of video you are editing and how involved you want to be with colour grading and the like.

I think it is pretty save to say editing 4K on a Phone/Ipad/Tablet would be impossible.

I edit 4K on a pretty beefed up PC (I can post specs if requested) and use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16.

I would love to know your specs (it helps me understand how others are operating).

At the moment, I decided to go with Adobe Premiere Rush for my phone, as I shoot a lot of drone video, the video goes to my phone, and I'm relatively mobile and don't find myself at my desk often.

I'm also sitting on a copy of DaVinci Resolve, but it's currently not optimized for my computer.

Not sure if this is the best place to place this.

I've been taking and making a lot of video and time lapse lately and am looking for a good editor to edit them.

I'de something more portable like Filmmaker Pro for the iOS, but I use Android.

Earlier I downloaded DaVinci Resolve, but I think that suite is too much for what I am after (and my computer is a bit dated).

I tried DaVinci Resolve also but it was too complex for me, and it didn't handle the 4K video from my Mavic Air well at all. I'm now using Wondershare Filmora and it's just right. Most editing actions are intuitive without a lot of instruction needed. It also has a feature that creates a proxy file after you import your 4K video. Then you can edit the smaller proxy file, which is much faster, and then apply all your edits to the original 4K for export when you are done.

I tried DaVinci Resolve also but it was too complex for me, and it didn't handle the 4K video from my Mavic Air well at all. I'm now using Wondershare Filmora and it's just right. Most editing actions are intuitive without a lot of instruction needed. It also has a feature that creates a proxy file after you import your 4K video. Then you can edit the smaller proxy file, which is much faster, and then apply all your edits to the original 4K for export when you are done.
You can do the same with Davinci

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute