DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing

troy64

Reactions
Does anyone know if a Galaxy Tab E would support/run a 4k editing program such as Adobe Prem Pro, Filmora, etc? I am trying to determine if this is feasible or do I need to purchase a laptop or pc for video editing. I have looked in several areas on the web but can't find any info specific to that question.

No way will any tablet do it. You need a decent desktop to edit 4k video without growing old doing it.

Reactions: troy64
4K video seems to have so many problems...and no, can't edit 4K video on a tablet just as Plawa said.

Try Wevideo. I use it on an older Dell laptop. Edits 4k if you purchase the upgrade. Made this one with Wevideo.
Let me know if you have any questions, its great.

My advice on computers; first pick the software and then the computer that can run it. For instance, DaVinci Resolve free version is a great program but needs a decent video card to use it.

Your HP looks like a nice machine and looks like it will have the specs you need but like I stated above, the software will dictate what hardware is needed.

Your HP looks like a nice machine and looks like it will have the specs you need but like I stated above, the software will dictate what hardware is needed.
at this time I have neither software or hardware. thanks for the info

will the specs of the software tell me what computer power I need? thanks

will the specs of the software tell me what computer power I need? thanks
It should tell you minimum RAM, processor, OS, and video card needed. RAM is cheap so either make sure there are empty slots for more or increase it at purchase. If possible, look past the minimum requirements and get the recommend requirements.

It should tell you minimum RAM, processor, OS, and video card needed. RAM is cheap so either make sure there are empty slots for more or increase it at purchase. If possible, look past the minimum requirements and get the recommend requirements.
thanks. what are the 3 top programs used to edit and maybe whats the most user friendly. i'm old and don't like complicated. LOL

thanks. what are the 3 top programs used to edit and maybe whats the most user friendly. i'm old and don't like complicated. LOL
I am not in it enough to be a reliable source, but I suggest you do a YouTube search. There are a lot of how-to and beginner videos on video editing. I have only used the free version of Resolve and have barely scratched the surface. Like any program, usually the greater it's capabilities the more complicated it becomes. Of course, the more you use it, the easier it gets.

Sorry OP, we have kind of hijacked your original question. To recap, you do not want to do video editing on a tablet even if it could handle it. Even with my limited experience, I know that the keyboard and mouse make it so much easier. Especially so once you start using the various keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys the editors use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61