DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Education discount for mavic

ANMIC90

Reactions
Just ordered my mavic a couple hours ago and I can't wait to fly it! I've been waiting from the very day it was annouced so I could get the 10% educational discount since I don't have thaaaat much $$ to put in a drone. Just thought I'd let you guys know since I'm sure I'm not the only one in that situation. They said early may but what a nice surprise it was when I looked it up this morning!

Reactions: avanti1963
Welcome !! Now take a deep breath and try to act like nothing is happening. You know " Nothing to see here " and get some sleep, you'll need it when it arrives. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Vilco
you get a bigger discount going through Amazon warehouse deals. I ordered one and the box wasn't even scuffed. It had never been used, but it saved me $170 on the fly more combo.

Also amazon customer service is great if you need to return. The first one I ordered has the "right side blur" problem. Replacement is arriving today. If that one has any issues, I'll just return it and order another one, and just keep doing that till I get a perfect one :p

Just ordered my mavic a couple hours ago ... so I could get the 10% educational discount...

How did you manage that? I just checked and the educational discount code we have does not work for the Mavic.

How did you manage that? I just checked and the educational discount code we have does not work for the Mavic.
That's weird... I just registered to get the educational discount, then I added the mavic to my cart and applied the coupon upon chekout. I also verified directly in the "educational store" and it was there as well... I am from Canada so maybe it has something to do with that

you get a bigger discount going through Amazon warehouse deals. I ordered one and the box wasn't even scuffed. It had never been used, but it saved me $170 on the fly more combo.

Also amazon customer service is great if you need to return. The first one I ordered has the "right side blur" problem. Replacement is arriving today. If that one has any issues, I'll just return it and order another one, and just keep doing that till I get a perfect one :p

Can I ask how much you paid? If you paid $1,299 then you paid the same as you could have going through dji. The Educational discount would save you $129.90 ($1,169.10). I am in US as some of the others waiting as well and waiting to use my educational discount.

If you paid less than $1,190.10 for the fly more combo I would (and I am sure others would as well) like to know the link (Just checked amazon and couldn't find a new one for less).

Thanks

Not counting tax, I paid $1136 for the fly more. Remember, your mileage may vary with the warehouse deals. My experience has generally been that IF there is anything wrong with them, it's just tiny cosmetic things. So far I've gotten two Mavics through warehouse deals, and I have a third coming today.

The first one did actually come a little weird, but still worked fine. The gimbal clamp came off in transit, and there was a small "stress crack" that I've seen some people get on the tiny bracket on the bottom of the camera next to the screw. Anyway, everything about it worked perfectly, and the battery had 0 charge cycles so I'm not positive it was ever even flown. However, it had the "blurry right side" issue (I blame DJI, not the fact that it was a warehouse deal). Already doing my free return through Amazon.

Second one came end of last week. This one had never even been opened, it still had the original tape on the box. Again, everything was great, except this one still had the blur issue, only this time it was on the left, and it was smaller and less blurred. I'm hoping the third one today has a perfect camera, but I'll just keep returning and reordering until I get one. And again, this is DJI's fault for having such poor quality control on these. I use warehouse deals all the time cause it's an easy way to save money, and I've never had issues.

Biggest thing with the Mavic right now is that you gotta have a little patience, since they're usually backordered. currently there are ones for $1124, but backordered until May 8.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: DJI Mavic Pro Bundle with Shoulder Bag, Props, Car Charger and 2 Extra Batteries

I believe if you order through dji.com the $1,299 full price includes tax (I'm in California so that is like getting a 8.5% discount) and shipping and you get 1% of the total purchase price in the DJI Loyalty Program (not sure if you get this when using the Education Discount). It would seem that you would not be buying a potential problem drone as well. So if I get it using the educational discount it would like paying $1,077.51 given my tax rate.

I believe if you order through dji.com the $1,299 full price includes tax (I'm in California so that is like getting a 8.5% discount) and shipping and you get 1% of the total purchase price in the DJI Loyalty Program (not sure if you get this when using the Education Discount). It would seem that you would not be buying a potential problem drone as well. So if I get it using the educational discount it would like paying $1,077.51 given my tax rate.

I dunno, I've seen plenty of reports of problems with brand new Mavics. even people sending theirs in repair and getting a new one back that is just as bad or worse. I also have the Amazon card which is an extra 5% off with my prime, which helps cover the tax.

Also, when you order your brand new drone from DJI, and it has a problem, can you just return it and order another? Probably not without paying a return shipping and restocking fee. They'll want you to send it in for repair. If I had done that with my 3 Mavics so far, that would have been almost 3 months probably! But nope, I've received 3 and returned 2 in the course of about 2 weeks

No discount in the US yet? Still looking like May?
You will not like the answer I got from DJI online sales chat. I have the same issue with my discount code not working and I am from Canada. The service rep asked when I got my code, it was some time in March. He then checked and replied that all discount codes given from April 25th forward can use them right away, but those sent before, it would be in the 3rd week of May before we can use them. I told him that was unfair and totally unacceptable, but was unable to change anything. I can understand DJI putting off their application to all client. Their product is hot and they don't really need to gives incentives to sell them. But I'm really ticked off of them not being equally fair to all clients. Especially to those waiting longer. He even had the gall to tell me if I had waited so long, what was a couple weeks more. In my case, my code will still be valid till mid June, but the only reason I can think of for not giving access to older codes right now is that they are counting on a certain quantity of coupons to run out and that makes more money for them. So ANMIC90, you were real lucky and just made it over the fence at the right time.

I applied for my educational discount on April 30, was approved within 15 minutes. Made a deal with the wife and ordered the same day, received the discount and my Fly More bundle shipped within 21 hours. I also am from Canada.

Here is a copy of my email correspondences with DJI on the topic. I generally wouldn't care but this situation really rubbed me the wrong way.

Apr 27, 00:11 CST

Hello -

My name is Jason and I placed an order for a Mavic Pro and some accessories last night but I was unfortunately unable to apply the educational discount code I had received.

Thank you,

Jason

alisa (DJI)

Apr 27, 10:46 CST

Dear Jason,

Greeting from DJI official Store!

Thank you for your email and sorry to inform that it is not available to use the educational discount for the Mavic pro or accessories at this moment.

Would you mind to keep the order or do you need to cancel it?
Thank you and please let us know your idea by your return email.
For any further questions and concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Have a great day!
Best Regards,
DJI Online Store Customer Service Team

Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 10:54 PM

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me but I unfortunately find the response quite surprising. Taken directly from your FAQ’s, please see the statements on the use of the discount:

What products can you apply for?

The Better-With-Drones coupon code is valid for most of DJI's products(excluded Refurbished Products).

How many products can I buy with the discount code?

The coupon can be used twice per year and is limited to 1 unit of each product per person. The coupon code is valid for 3 months from the date of sending for same email address. You can re-apply for a new code after one year.

I’m not going to go as far as calling that lying or deceitful, but please help me understand how that isn’t misleading to say the least. From a company with your reputation, I was expecting something more than the received my response. My expectations were either too high or you’re not the company you profuse to be.

Extremely unfortunate as I’m sure your community drone operators and supporters would agree.

Jason

Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 11:09 PM

In addition, please take a look at the attached screen shot. I count exactly 6 products that you are offering an educational discount on. A far cry from the stated;

“The Better-With-Drones coupon code is valid for most of DJI's products(excluded Refurbished Products). “

“Use the coupon code to get 10% off of most products in DJI's online store.”

So in truth, the educational discount is only valid for your ultra, high-end professional drones? Does it apply to any accessories in your store as I’m not seeing any with mine.

Truly Mind-Boggling,

Jason

May 3rd:
Still waiting for a response.

Leila (DJI)

May 4, 00:15 CST

Hi!

Greetings from DJI official online store!

Thank you very much for contacting us. Sorry to let you know that the Agent who is in charge of your ticket is not on duty at this moment, he/she will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you have any concern, please do not hesitate to write back.

Thank you for contacting DJI Online Sales!

Regards,

Leila
DJI Online Sales.

I ordered from quebec so there is 15% tax, which was included. I also got the 10% extra off from student discount. Bottom line; I paid 899$ for the drone. If you want the fly more, you will pay 1169$ (all in usd). Ordered through DJI website directly

Just got off of an online chat with dji. They said "Customers who applies to educational coupon code after April 25th can use it on Mavic pro, mavic fly more combo and accessories directly". Since I received mine April 11 I asked when should I be able to also take advantage of my educational discount and the response was "Educational discounts that applied before April 25 is still not available to Mavic. It is estimated to be available around May." My response was "around when in May (since it is now May 8)". The customer service rep then replied "We cant guarantee when it will be but you can send an email to [email protected] for more information." I emailed them and will let everyone know what I hear back from emailing them.

Reactions: Lelantos
Just got what looks to be an auto-response return email. Kind of a mixed message (I underlined both parts) under the Mavic Pro it still says early May then further down it talks about 3-4 months for the Inspire 2, Phantom 4 Pro, Osmo Mobile and + (all already available to use the educational discount on) and it includes the Mavic Pro in the same sentence.

Response received -
Thanks for reaching out to DJI Education!

To learn more about how to apply for education discounts as well as answer some common questions we have a short video tutorial here.

We receive a few common questions, please check if your issue is being addressed below:

MAVIC PRO

Education discounts toward the Mavic Pro have been delayed due to overwhelming demand, please allow until early May before using your coupon codes.

EMAIL VERIFICATION LINK

If you have clicked on the verification link in the email and receive an error message, here are the steps to use your discount. Login to the DJI store at http://store.dji.com/. Log in with your school email address and select your items then proceed to checkout. During checkout on step 3 you will be able to apply your coupon codes by clicking the coupon button.

NEWLY RELEASED ITEMS NOT PART OF EDU STORE

If you are looking to use your education discount codes toward the purchase of the Inspire 2, Phantom 4 Pro and Pro+, Mavic Pro, Osmo Mobile or +, or please allow 3-4 moths for those items to be eligible and added to the educational store.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-8_10-59-57.png
    upload_2017-5-8_10-59-57.png
    174 bytes · Views: 11
  • upload_2017-5-8_11-0-44.png
    upload_2017-5-8_11-0-44.png
    174 bytes · Views: 12
David, the customer service representative I spoke with on May 15, guaranteed it would be available before the end of the month. Their own literature states

If you are looking to use your education discount codes toward the purchase of the Inspire 2, Phantom 4 Pro and Pro+, Mavic Pro, Osmo Mobile or +, or please allow 3-4 moths for those items to be eligible and added to the educational store.

Since the Mavic Pro was released in October 2016 that would mean that the Mavic Pro should have been available for your education discount starting mid/late February 2017.

Then I see on dji's online forum (Educational Discount for the Mavic Pro) the fourth post (by fansbf93839f) stated he was emailed by DJI Education in January 2017 the discount would be available from mid to late March (first delay)

Then in an email I received it states that the educational discount would be available starting early May (second delay).

MAVIC PRO

Education discounts toward the Mavic Pro have been delayed due to overwhelming demand, please allow until early May before using your coupon codes (third delay).

David also suggested I contact [email protected]

Shortly after I emailed [email protected] I received the email below from [email protected]

Hello,

If your coupon code has expired or is not able to be applied to your purchase please fill out this from and we will review your request.

Best,

DJI

I immediately completed and submitted the form and hoped that I would soon hear something back

The fourth delay would be not making it available by today. At some point you have to question dji as a company.

So again I went online today and entered into a chat and was told that I was wrong and that I should be able to use my discount code so I tried and no luck. The customer service representatives solution was to email [email protected]. I said I did 16 days ago. I asked who the citizenship department reports to and was told to now email [email protected]

I just received another email from [email protected]

Thanks for reaching out to DJI Education!

Education discounts for Spark will not be available for the first 3 Months after release.

To learn more about how to apply for education discounts as well as answer some common questions we have a short video tutorial here.

MAVIC PRO DISCOUNT NOT WORKING

If you have applied for an education discount for the Mavic Pro and are not able to apply please fill out this form and we will review your coupon code.

If you are looking to use your education discount codes toward the purchase of the Spark, Phantom 4 Advanced, DJI goggles, or Ronin 2 please allow 3-4 moths for those items to be eligible and added to the educational store.

EMAIL VERIFICATION LINK
If you have clicked on the verification link in the email and receive an error message, here are the steps to use your discount. Login to the DJI store at http://store.dji.com/. Log in with your school email address and select your items then proceed to checkout. During checkout on step 3 you will be able to apply your coupon codes by clicking the coupon button.

HAVEN’T RECEIVED COUPON CODE
If you have submitted your educational email address through our portal and did not receive your coupon codes in an email, you can retrieve your coupon codes by logging into the DJI store at http://store.dji.com/. Login to the DJI store with your school email address and select your items then proceed to checkout. During checkout on STEP 3 you will be able to apply your coupon codes by clicking the coupon button.

COUPON CODE HAS EXPIRED
We offer an educational discount once a year. Our coupon codes are valid for 90 days from date of request. We are not able to extend coupon codes. Eligibility for a new coupon codes is 365 days after original submission.

We are not able to provide education discounts to orders that have been placed. Please be sure to apply your education discount before completing your order.

Best,
DJI Education Team

So again I submitted the form.

I would say I am waiting patiently but at this point I am considering other drones.

Reactions: Lelantos
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair