DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emailing FAA

Sprocket

Reactions
I just emailed the FAA on their B4ufly app concerning a nonexistent airport. Our little town had a private strip that was donated to them. Due to lack of activity they donated it back to the land owner to close and farm over. It was just a gravel strip. The FAA app still shows it there. Of course I am within 5 miles of what only exists as crops but is shown as an airport and I have to contact the operator.
2 questions.

How long will I probably have to wait to hear back from them?
Will someone at FAA investigate and actually remove the airport designation without some kind of engineering/environmental/5year study congressional act? Thanks in advance.

I just emailed the FAA on their B4ufly app concerning a nonexistent airport. Our little town had a private strip that was donated to them. Due to lack of activity they donated it back to the land owner to close and farm over. It was just a gravel strip. The FAA app still shows it there. Of course I am within 5 miles of what only exists as crops but is shown as an airport and I have to contact the operator.
2 questions.

Will someone at FAA investigate and actually remove the airport designation without some kind of engineering/environmental/5year study congressional act? Thanks in advance.

A few things...

I doubt you'll hear back from them. Sometimes it takes years for the Feds to get a closed airport off the official directory, let alone removing them from B4UFLY. With that said, I would make (or try to) a one time contact with the current owner, write myself a "memo for record e mail" which will serve as an implied MOA and then I would go fly to my heart's content.

2 questions.

While I can't speak to your specific situation. I can share with you my experience(s) in communicating with the FAA via email. Prior to my acquiring my 107, I had a few questions here and there and would fire off an email to the FAA. I really didn't expect to hear back from anyone. And if I did, I expected a canned response perhaps directing me to their website, etc.

Much to my surprise, my emails were answered promptly by a representative of the FAA. We engaged in back and forth emails for quite some time and I found them to be extremely cordial, willing to help, and open to answering any questions that I had regarding the 107 and drones in general.

Hopefully, you'll hear word back from them. My experience has been nothing but positive to this point. Surprisingly positive, actually.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929