DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emergency Plan

redserv

Reactions
hi guys I have a question and hopefully I can generate a list for the field when flying.

Question: If for some reason my bird (MPP) drops out of the sky what steps should i take in chronological order to find my drone?

Example: Do i use Find my drone? ( I use a crystalsky monitor 7.85) with my MPP

Purpose: I will like to create this just in case of an emergency like a flyaway etc.

thanks alot and hope to hear some good feedback.

One thing to do is turn on ESC beeping, as that'll cause the drone to beep when it's disconnected from the controller.

Another option is to utilize the flight records from the drone to see where it's last recorded position was, and then use your device's GPS to navigate to that location.

Reactions: redserv
Awesome, I am not sure if I have the option ESC beeping in go4 but I will check.

So basically if I have a flyaway you saying that the logs will be stored on my crystalsky monitor? Does that mean I will have to come back indoors and upload logs, get the guys on the forums to check it out and then return to find it?

I was thinking what I can do ideally by myself while on the field. But thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

I haven't tested it in a while, but I'm pretty sure it gives you the coordinates right on screen. You can walk up to the point using the map on your crystal sky, or input the coordinates into google maps etc to navigate to the location.

Ok great thank you. I will make a note of this. I normally would download my maps to my crystal sky before I fly and use offline mode to view. Looking forward to more feedback guys.

Note that the co-ordinates you have are from the last connection from the drone. If it fell from a problem when downlink connectivity was gone, the co-ordinates will be from where the drone was, not where it is.

Reactions: redserv
Excellent point, although it is common sense I did not think of it. [emoji4]
Note that the co-ordinates you have are from the last connection from the drone. If it fell from a problem when downlink connectivity was gone, the co-ordinates will be from where the drone was, not where it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929