DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Encrypted TXT logs from Fly 1.2.2? How can airdata access them?

surfbird

Reactions
Is it correct that TXT logs are encryptedin later versions of the fly app?

But then I read that airdata can read the files. How is that possible? Have they cracked the encryption, or am I missing something?

Is it possible to upload TXT files to airdata and download them again decrypted?

AFAIK they have an official partnership with DJI so access to encryption keys and doc.

Is it correct that TXT logs are encrypted...
All logs are encrypted ... but so far the needed tool "TXTlogToCSVtool.exe" used to process the TXT logs have been able to get them decrypted ... For logs coming from the DJI FLY app with a version above 1.2.1 DJI have changed the encryption... meaning that the tool mentioned above needs to be updated ... which it haven't been so far.

In addition to this the mobile device DAT log from the Mini2 isn't readable either ...

...airdata can read the files. How is that possible?
They have acquired the encryption key in some way ...

Is it possible to upload TXT files to airdata and download them again decrypted?
No unfortunately ..., you're stuck with Airdata & how they have chosen to depict the log. You can download their CSV file & process it through Excel ... but the content is limited.

Thanks for your info!

So in that case it's better to use third-party apps, if you want to have access to all data?

Is the source-code availbale for TXTlogToCSVtool?

So in that case it's better to use third-party apps, if you want to have access to all data?

3:rd party apps like for instance Litchi have usually not near the same amount of data included in their logs as logs from DJI ... then I'm not sure if it will work even if you use another app as they all build on DJI SDK, but not sure.

Is the source-code available for TXTlogToCSVtool?

That tool is maintained by a private guy as I understand it ... & nothing have happened for month now, so ..?

Reactions: surfbird
3:rd party apps like for instance Litchi have usually not near the same amount of data included in their logs as logs from DJI ... then I'm not sure if it will work even if you use another app as they all build on DJI SDK, but not sure.

The DJI SDK can generate all the usual log data, and so it's up to the 3rd party developers how much they want to put in the log.

The DJI SDK can generate all the usual log data, and so it's up to the 3rd party developers how much they want to put in the log.
ok. But there is some data that's not available in the sdk, right?
Do you know what data thats 'hidden'?

I'm in the middle of reversing the msdk, so it would be good to know if there som inportant data missing in the sdk. It's all there, its only a little bit harder to access.

ok. But there is some data that's not available in the sdk, right?
Do you know what data thats 'hidden'?

I'm in the middle of reversing the msdk, so it would be good to know if there som inportant data missing in the sdk. It's all there, its only a little bit harder to access.

That's correct. It used to be listed on the DJI website, but I couldn't find it with a quick search. This is what DJI currently state regarding the log data:

The DJI Mobile SDK collects logs that are related to flight. These logs can be used to help diagnose the cause of a product's flight failure at the SDK and mobile application layer. They are predominantly used by a DJI service facility, who will combine them with the product's flight logs (stored on the product) to better understand the root cause of a crash and determine whether the incident is covered under warranty. They can also be used by developers to debug their application. SDK Logs record commands from the application to the SDK, and information from the SDK to the application that are related to flight. Logs are cached to the mobile device, and will overwrite themselves to limit storage footprint. `archiveLogs` will move the logs to an archive folder. Logs in the archive, will only be overwritten by newer archives that go beyond the storage limit and not normal log generation. The storage limit for normal log generation is 400 MB (about 500 minutes of flight). The storage limit for the archive is an additional 400 MB. The logs have an encrypted and unencrypted portion. The unencrypted portion can be used by developers to see all commands and information sent to and received from the SDK by the mobile application that are related to flight. The encrypted portion can only be used by a DJI service facility as it includes property hardware protocols and are used to tie the SDK logs and product flight logs together.

But then I read that airdata can read the files. How is that possible? Have they cracked the encryption, or am I missing something?
From Airdata:

“Starting June 2020, DJI started to encrypt some flight logs with private/public keys, which require Airdata to obtain a decryption key online from DJI per each flight.

Airdata worked closely with the DJI engineering team to provide seamless integration in Airdata.”

Reactions: msinger
Flight Reader is now able to process these encrypted TXT flight logs. See more details here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej