DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Entering Sport Mode When Pressing Rth

Etbrown4

Reactions
During Rth and upon arriving above home at 82' this mini se entered sport mode on its own descending rapidly. I press the rth button to stop the descent, but it continues rapid descent at 3' per sec.

Usually in rth and autolanding, hitting the rth button will stop a descent at once.

In Airdata, the logs show entering Sport mode 3 times in that descent when only the rth button was pushed.

Should a mini se operate this way?

During Rth and upon arriving above home at 82' this mini se entered sport mode on its own descending rapidly. I press the rth button to stop the descent, but it continues rapid descent at 3' per sec.

Usually in rth and autolanding, hitting the rth button will stop a descent at once.
In Airdata, the logs show entering Sport mode 3 times in that descent when only the rth button was pushed.
Should a mini se operate this way?
I would suggest posting your flight data,.
But you've ignored this suggestion in the past, so I won't expect it this time.

Analysis of logs not requested, but thanks.

Just asking if others know if after autolanding is automatically initiated as part of rth, isn't the rth button supposed to cause the aircraft to stop its descent and hover? Vs entering Sport mode.

Analysis of logs not requested, but thanks.

Just asking if others know if after autolanding is automatically initiated as part of rth, isn't the rth button supposed to cause the aircraft to stop its descent and hover? Vs entering Sport mode.
Without sharing the data, don't expect anyone to be able to tell what actually happened or give accurate answers to your questions.
All you'll gety will be guesses and most will probably be wrong.

Thanks for comments. The question is more about flight rules pertaining to autolanding and the rth button.

Reviewing the manual, it seems to state that one press of the rth button after the process has begun will cause a hover.( Holding down rth button appears to end rth.)

I don't see a reference in the manual where during autolanding, the press of rth, or even multiple presses can give you Sport mode and a descent of 3' per sec,
but perhaps I am missing it.

I don't see a reference in the manual where during autolanding, the press of rth, or even multiple presses can give you Sport mode and a descent of 3' per sec,
but perhaps I am missing it.
Of course there's no reference to that in the manual.
It's not something that should happen.

If you'd share your data, perhaps we could find out what actually happened .... but you don't seem interested enough to do what's necessary to solve the mystery.

I am interested to learn how it is supposed to operate and that's why I posted here and also sent the se back to Dji for evaluation.

Just a while ago, a gentleman from Dji describing himself as a "process engineer" in Ca. called and said they were replacing it under the warranty for a manufacturing defect. Nonetheless
I hope to get more details so I can share them.

They had already told me that my gps mismatch a few days earlier was a manufacturing defect, but I still remain hopeful in learning details regarding the sport mode during autolanding, with no pilot inputs except the rth button.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo